Chi-Tsun, Cheng (Ben) is an Associate Professor in the Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics Discipline.
Chi-Tsun, Cheng (Ben) received the B.Eng. and M.Sc. degrees from the University of Hong Kong in 2004 and 2005, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2009. He was a recipient of the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship in 2009 during his Ph.D. studies. From 2010 to 2011, he was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Calgary. From 2012 to 2018, he was a Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
He joined RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia in 2018 and he is now an Associate Professor in the Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics discipline under the School of Engineering, STEM College. He is the deputy program manager of Bachelor of Engineering (Adv Manufacturing and Mechatronics) (Honours) [BH068] and Bachelor of Engineering (Adv Manufacturing & Mechatronics)(Hons)/Bachelor of Business(Intern Bus) [BH086]. He is the academic supervisor of the RMIT Rover Team.
Dr Cheng serves as Associate Editors for the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, IEEE Access, IEEE Open Journal of Circuits and Systems (OJCAS), IEICE Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications, and IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Newsletter. He also serves as Academic Editor for PLOS ONE.
He is a member of the IEEE Nonlinear Circuits and Systems Technical Committee and the IEEE Power and Energy Circuits and Systems Technical Committee.
His research interests include Wireless Sensor Networks, the Internet of Things, Industry 4.0 Technologies, Cloud Computing, and Additive Manufacturing.
For more information, visit his Google site.
- Rajeswari Subramaniam, K.,Cheng, C.,Pang, T. (2023). Fuzzy Logic Controlled Simulation in Regulating Thermal Comfort and Indoor Air Quality Using a Vehicle Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning System In: Sensors, 23, 1 - 19
- Hou, J.,Chen, G.,Zhou, Q.,Liu, C.,Zuo, X.,Tang, Y.,Cheng, C. (2023). Indoor human detection based on micro-Doppler features in the presence of interference from moving clutter sources In: Physical Communication, 58, 1 - 9
- Liu, X.,Zhou, Q.,Wu, J.,Cheng, C.,Qu, F. (2023). An ?-Free Accelerometer Array Method for 2-D Trajectory Reconstruction In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, , 1 - 10
- Wang, J.,Wang, X.,Liu, X.,Cheng, C.,Xiao, F.,Liang, D. (2023). Trajectory Planning of UAV-enabled Data Uploading for Large-scale Dynamic Networks: A Trend Prediction Based Learning Approach In: IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 72, 8272 - 8277
- Ulmer, J.,Braun, S.,Cheng, C.,Dowey, S.,Wollert, J. (2023). In press - A human factors-aware assistance system in manufacturing based on gamification and hardware modularisation In: International Journal of Production Research, , 1 - 16
- George, P.,Cheng, C.,Pang, T.,Neville, K. (2023). Task Complexity and the Skills Dilemma in the Programming and Control of Collaborative Robots for Manufacturing In: Applied Sciences, 13, 1 - 26
- Delaney, J.,Dowey, S.,Cheng, C. (2023). Reinforcement-Learning-Based Robust Resource Management for Multi-Radio Systems In: Sensors, 23, 1 - 14
- Sun, X.,Mazur, M.,Cheng, C. (2023). A review of void reduction strategies in material extrusion-based additive manufacturing In: Additive Manufacturing, 67, 1 - 14
- Jamil, F.,Pang, T.,Cheng, B. (2023). Developing an I4.0 Cyber-Physical System to Enhance Efficiency and Competitiveness in Manufacturing In: Applied Sciences (Switzerland), 13, 1 - 17
- Murtaza, M.,Cheng, C.,Atapourfard, M.,Zeleznikow, J. (2023). Preparing drivers for the future: Evaluating the effects of training on drivers’ performance in an autonomous vehicle landscape In: Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 98, 280 - 296
- Automation of Concrete Sleeper Demoulding and Packaging Process (industry partner: Sunset Concrete). Funded by: Innovation Connections grant - Cat 1 from (2023 to 2024)
- Digitisation for Safe Workplaces (VHESIF Pool 1). Funded by: Victorian Higher Education State Investment Fund (VHESIF) - Pool 1 from (2021 to 2025)
- Forging a conceptual framework for digital threads and digital twins in an ‘Industry 4.0’ shipyard . Funded by: Defence Science Institute Grant 2019 onwards from (2019 to 2021)
2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions