Dr Brian Coffey is a lecturer in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies.
Dr Brian Coffey joined the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies in February 2015 as Lecturer in Sustainability and Urban Planning.
Prior to this, Brian held postdoctoral research fellowships in the Alfred Deakin Research Institute at Deakin University from 2010 to 2015.
His research interests centre on the policy and governance dimensions of sustainability and science-policy relations, and he has published in a variety of public policy and environmental policy, planning, and management journals.
Prior to completing his PhD, Brian worked in a variety of environmental policy and planning roles within the Victoria public service.
Brian's teaching responsibilities centre on policy studies.
He is currently responsible for Environmental Policy (ENVI1127) and Policy Practice (Environment and Planning) (ENVI1050).
- PhD (Policy Studies), University of Queensland
- M Soc Sci (Environmental Policy), RMIT University
- Grad Dip (Resource Economics), University of New England
- B Sci (Australian Environmental Studies), Griffith University
- Member, Institute of Public Administration Australia
- Member, International Public Policy Association
- Member, Australian Political Studies Association
- Damiens, F.,Mumaw, L.,Backstrom, A.,Bekessy, S.,Coffey, B.,Faulkner, R.,Garrard, G.,Hardy, M.,Kusmanoff, A.,Mata, L.,Rickards, L.,Selinske, M.,Torabi, N.,Gordon, A. (2017). Why politics and context matter in conservation policy In: Global Policy, 8, 253 - 256
- Leith, P.,O'Toole, K.,Haward, M.,Coffey, B. (2017). Enhancing science impact: bridging research, policy and practice for sustainability, CSIRO, Melbourne, Australia
- Moloney, S.,Bosomworth, K.,Coffey, B. (2017). 'Transitions in the making': The role of regional boundary organisations in mobilising sustainability transitions under a changing climate In: Urban Sustainability Transitions, Springer, Singapore
- Bosomworth, K.,Cooke, B.,Coffey, B. (2017). Living in uncertain landscapes: an NRM lens on the implication of climate change for regional futures In: Australiasian Journal of Regional Studies, 23, 344 - 357
- Doyon, A.,Coffey, B.,Moloney, S.,de Haan, F.,Bosomworth, K. (2017). Exploring the contribution of Transitions Management to inform regional futures In: Australasian Journal of Regional Studies, 23, 321 - 343
- Coffey, B. (2016). Unpacking the politics of natural capital and economic metaphors in environmental policy discourse In: Environmental Politics, 25, 203 - 222
- Coffey, B.,O'Toole, K. (2016). Exploring the role of science in coastal and ocean management: A review In: Science, Information, and Policy Interface for Effective Coastal and Ocean Management, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, Florida, United States
- Higgins, C.,Coffey, B. (2016). Improving how sustainability reports drive change: a critical discourse analysis In: Journal of Cleaner Production, 136, 18 - 29
- Price, E.,Coffey, B.,Nethery, A. (2015). An early career academic network: What worked and what didn't In: Journal of Further and Higher Education, 39, 680 - 698
- Mamouney, L.,Coffey, B. (2015). Research methods in Australian policy research a critical analysis In: Proceedings of the Australian Political Studies Association Annual Conference 2015, Canberra, Australia, 28-30 September,2015
3 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions