Dr Duc Phan is a Certified Practicing Accountant and a lecturer and course coordinator at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
Prior to RMIT, Duc taught and conducted research at different universities in Australia and Vietnam, including Swinburne, RMIT Vietnam, University of Economics and Law, Vietnam-German University, International Education Institute, Vietnam National University Hochiminh city.
Before joining academia, Duc had over 15 years of working experiences in accounting, finance, banking, consulting areas for KPMG, National Australia Bank, International Finance Corporation and many other public and private enterprises. Duc holds a PhD on the topic of international accounting standards from Swinburne University Melbourne, Australia.
Her research works have been published in ERA-ranked international accounting journals. Duc has been a recipient of several research grants, both internal and external. She is also a peer-reviewer of some reputable academic journal specialised in accounting issues in Asian region.
Research Interests/ Areas of Expertise
- IFRS adoption in emerging economies; accounting education
- PhD, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
- Master of International Accounting, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne
- Bachelor of Accounting and Auditing, University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- American Accounting and Finance Association (AAA)
- Bui, B.,Hoang, H.,Phan, D.,Yapa, P. (2017). Governance and compliance in accounting education in Vietnam - case of a public university In: Accounting Education, , 1 - 26
- Phan, D.,Joshi, M.,Mascitelli, B. (2016). Are Vietnamese Accounting Academics and Practitioners Ready for International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)? In: Economics and Political Implications of International Financial Reporting Standards, IGI Global, Hershey, United States
- Phan, D.,Joshi, M.,Mascitelli, B. (2016). International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Adoption in Vietnam: From Isolation to Isomorphism In: Economics and Political Implications of International Financial Reporting Standards, IGI Global, Hershey, United States
- Phan, D.,Mascitelli, B.,Barut, M. (2014). Perceptions towards international financial reporting standards (IFRS): The case of Vietnam In: Global Review of Accounting and Finance, 5, 132 - 152
- Phan, D.,Mascitelli, B. (2014). Optimal approach and timeline for IFRS adoption in Vietnam: Perceptions from accounting professionals In: Research in Accounting Regulation, 26, 222 - 229
- Phan, D.,Mascitelli, B.,Barut, M. (2014). International financial reporting standards (IFRS) adoption in Vietnam: If, when and how? In: Corporate Ownership and Control, 11, 428 - 436
- Phan, D. (2014). What factors are perceived to influence consideration of IFRS adoption by Vietnamese policymakers? In: Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government, 20, 27 - 40
- Phan, D.,Mascitelli, B. (2014). Potential adoption of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) in Vietnam: From legitimacy to isomorphism In: Proceedings of The 26th Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, Taipei, Taiwan, 26 - 29 October 2014
- Mascitelli, B.,Lobo, A.,Phan, D.,Bez, N. (2014). Australian Organic Market Report In: Australian Organic Ltd Melbourne, Australia
- Phan, D.,Mascitelli, B.,Barut, M. (2013). Perceptions of accounting professionals towards international financial reporting standards (IFRS) in developing country: Evidence from Vietnam In: Proceedings of 3rd Global Accounting, Finance and Economics Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 5 - 7 May 2013