Dr. Yingyan Zhang joined Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, School of Engineering RMIT University in Nov 2019 as Associate Professor.
Dr Yingyan Zhang expertise at computational mechanics. Her research areas include atomistic simulations on nanomaterials and nanocomposites (with the focus on the heat transfer and nanomechanics) as well as solid mechanics modelling.
As of Nov 2021, Dr Zhang has published 1 scholarly book, 4 book chapters and 100 journal papers with > 5666 citations. Her h-index is 39. The complete publication list can be found at Google Scholar.
Dr. Zhang was awarded research lectureship from Western Sydney University (AU$90, 000) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (Youth Fund) in 2010. She is currently working on two competitive projects funded by Australia Research Council (2019-now).
- Ph.D. Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 2008
- M. Eng. Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 2003
- B. Eng. School of Naval Architecture, Dalian University of Technology, China, 2000
2 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2021). Significantly improved interfacial shear strength in graphene/copper nanocomposite via wrinkles and functionalization: A molecular dynamics study In: Carbon, 174, 335 - 344
- Liu, J.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, H.,Yang, J. (2021). Mechanical properties of graphene-reinforced aluminium composite with modified substrate surface: A molecular dynamics study In: Nanotechnology, 32, 1 - 9
- Cai, K.,Zhang, Y. (2021). Unusual thermal properties of graphene origami crease: A molecular dynamics study In: Green Energy and Environment, , -
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2021). Graphene Origami-Enabled Auxetic Metallic Metamaterials: An Atomistic Insight In: International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 212, 1 - 12
- Qi, C.,Peng, W.,Zhou, J.,Yi, L.,Wang, J.,Zhang, Y. (2020). From graphene to graphene ribbon: atomically precise cutting via hydrogenation pseudo-crack In: Nanotechnology, 31, 1 - 9
- Wei, N.,Chen, Y.,Zhang, Y.,Zheng, J.,Zhao, J.,Mai, Y. (2020). Crease-induced targeted cutting and folding of graphene origami In: Carbon, 165, 259 - 266
- Tareq, S.,Xiang, Y.,Zhang, Y.,Ye, L.,Yang, C. (2020). Fabrication and Characterisation of Nano-Additive Reinforced Polymeric Composites In: Proceedings of the 25th Australasian Conference on Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM 25), Brisbane, Australia, 4-7 December 2018
- Tam, M.,Yang, Z.,Zhao, S.,Zhang, H.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J. (2020). Nonlinear bending of elastically restrained functionally graded graphene nanoplatelet reinforced beams with an open edge crack In: Thin Walled Structures, 156, 1 - 8
- Gamil, M.,Zeng, Q.,Zhang, Y. (2020). Mechanical properties of kirigami phosphorene via molecular dynamics simulation In: Physics Letters A, 384, 1 - 6
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2020). Improving interfacial shear strength between graphene sheets by strain-induced wrinkles In: Carbon, 168, 135 - 143
- Functionally Graded Ultra High Performance Concrete Structure under Flexure. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2021 from (2021 to 2024)
- High-Performance Polymer Composites for Electrical Discharging (via University of South Australia). Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grant 2016 via other University from (2019 to 2023)