Dr Yingyan Zhang
Dr. Yingyan Zhang joined Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, School of Engineering RMIT University in Nov 2019 as Associate Professor.
Dr Yingyan Zhang expertise at solid mechanics, computational mechanics and compuatiational materials. Her research areas include 2D nanomaterials, polymer composites, nano/micro-mechanics, heat conduction, and structural stability.
As of June 2022, Dr Zhang has published 1 scholarly book, 4 book chapters and >105 journal papers with > 6200 citations. Her h-index is 40. The complete publication list can be found at Google Scholar.
Dr. Zhang was awarded research lectureship from Western Sydney University (AU$90, 000) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (Youth Fund) in 2010. She is currently working on two competitive projects funded by Australia Research Council (2019-now).
Currently Dr Zhang is the Associate Editor of Thin-Walled Structures, Session Editor of Current Mechanics and Advanced Materials, and the editorial board member of Computational Materials Science and Materials.
- Ph.D. Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 2008
- M. Eng. Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 2003
- B. Eng. School of Naval Architecture, Dalian University of Technology, China, 2000
Supervisor interest areas
- Advanced polymer composite
- Structural dynamics and stability
- Computational mechanics and materials
- Heat conduction
- Gas seperation
- Graphene origami/kirigami enabled metamaterials
- Heat conduction of graphene/h-BN heterostructures and their polymer composites
- Impact resistance of graphene-polymer composites
3 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions
- Roudbari, M.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, H.,Kitipornchai, S.,Yang, J. (2022). Nonlinear band gap characteristics of piezo-electro-magnetic phononic crystal micro and nanobeams based on size-dependent continuum mechanics models In: Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, , 1 - 26
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, H.,Zhang, W.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2022). Buckling of functionally graded hydrogen-functionalized graphene reinforced beams based on machine learning-assisted micromechanics models In: European Journal of Mechanics, A/Solids, 96, 1 - 13
- Zhang, H.,Ma, J.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J. (2022). Failure mechanism of graphene kirigami under nanoindentation In: Nanotechnology, 33, 1 - 8
- Dong, Z.,Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J.,Xiong, D. (2022). Evaluating and manipulating bonding strength at multilayer graphene-copper interface via plasma functionalization In: Materials Science and Engineering A, 848, 1 - 11
- Cai, K.,Wu, P.,Shi, J.,Zhong, Z.,Zhang, Y. (2022). CNT-motor driven by competition between thermal fluctuation and REF In: International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 225, 1 - 9
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Wu, H.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J. (2022). Functionally graded graphene origami-enabled auxetic metamaterial beams with tunable buckling and postbuckling resistance In: Engineering Structures, 268, 1 - 8
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2022). A functionally graded auxetic metamaterial beam with tunable nonlinear free vibration characteristics via graphene origami In: Thin-Walled Structures, 181, 1 - 11
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2022). Vibrational characteristics of functionally graded graphene origami-enabled auxetic metamaterial beams based on machine learning assisted models In: Aerospace Science and Technology, 130, 1 - 12
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Wu, H.,Zhang, Y.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2022). Tunable nonlinear bending behaviors of functionally graded graphene origami enabled auxetic metamaterial beams In: Composite Structures, 301, 1 - 9
- Zhao, S.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, Y.,Zhang, W.,Yang, J.,Kitipornchai, S. (2022). In press - Data-driven modeling for thermo-elastic properties of vacancy-defective graphene reinforced nanocomposites with its application to functionally graded beams In: Engineering with Computers, , 1 - 17
- Functionally Graded Ultra High Performance Concrete Structure under Flexure. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2021 from (2021 to 2024)
- High-Performance Polymer Composites for Electrical Discharging (via University of South Australia). Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grant 2016 via other University from (2019 to 2023)