Studies Completed in a Recognised English speaking Country
If you have successfully completed at least six years of primary and/or secondary education with a minimum of two years at secondary or senior secondary level (or equivalent), taught and assessed entirely in English from one of the above RMIT recognised English speaking countries you may be considered to have met RMIT’s English Language Requirements, subject to achieving the required English results from your senior high school qualification (or equivalent) studies.
A proof of studies and / or national identification or visa as proof of citizenship and/or residency will be required.
If your English results from senior high school qualification (or equivalent studies) do not meet the requirement, you can demonstrate your English proficiency by successfully completing:
- At least two courses (subjects) or 24 RMIT credit points at Australian undergraduate level (or overseas equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) accredited award at certificate IV or higher (or overseas equivalent).
Studies Completed in a Non-Recognised English speaking Country
If you have not completed the above six years of primary and/or secondary studies from one of RMIT’s recognised English Speaking countries, but have completed your studies where your entire qualification is taught and assessed in English, you may be deemed to have met the English requirement (an official letter from the institution stating the program is entirely taught and assessed in English may be required ),up to an academic IELTS score of 6.5 if you have completed:
- a minimum of one year of a tertiary qualification equivalent to an Australian Diploma or higher within the past two years, or
- the equivalent of one semester full time study of a university postgraduate qualification within the last two years, or
- an RMIT University recognised Bachelor Degree of higher within the past five years, or
- an RMIT University recognised Senior Secondary qualification within the last two years unless stated otherwise.
For programs where an academic IELTS score of 7.0 or above is required, you will be required to provide the results of an RMIT University recognised English proficiency test.
Where you have more than one proof of English proficiency, only the most recent qualification or test will be considered in the admission decision. Where the proficiency tests or qualifications are undertaken within 3 months of each other, a grace period may be applied allowing RMIT to consider the earliest test or qualification.
Details of RMIT University recognised qualifications by region can be found below: