Research is a core activity of the College of Business. Our staff are dedicated to both knowledge creation (through research) and knowledge dissemination (through industry engagement and teaching).
We aim to provide high quality knowledge outcomes, robust policy advice, and critical analyses on the challenges confronting business, government, and the community sector. Our research interests extend across the globe, but we have a special expertise in the Asia Pacific region.
The leading researchers in the College are internationally recognised and regularly publish in the best journals. They bring to their work expertise from the disciplines of management, law, accounting, information and communications technology (ICT), information management, logistics and supply chain management, marketing, economics, and finance. Part of our mission is to explore ways of connecting business and design.
The College of Business has a superb location in the heart of Melbourne. This enables researchers to establish close links with industry, whether it is with business, government, or the wider community. Collaboration is a vital component of our research culture and practice. We invite you to join with us in pursuing innovative research at the RMIT College of Business.
- Professor Geoffrey Stokes, Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research
Research in the College of Business covers a broad range of business discipline areas, reflecting the activities of our Schools. Our cohesive and supportive environment provides support to our nationally and internationally established researchers, and nurtures our emerging researchers and postgraduate candidates.
The College has a number of research foci aimed at integrating our interdisciplinary research expertise with the needs of industry:
Research Priority Areas (RPAs)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Global Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Governance, Accountability and the Law
- Markets, Culture and Behaviour
The following research groups and labs have been established within the College’s Schools:
- Behavioural Business Lab
- Business, Human Rights and Sustainability Group
- Consumer Culture Insights Group
- Consumer Wellbeing Research Group
- Economics of Religion Group
- Health Economics Group
- International Development and Trade Research Group
- Market Behaviour and Strategy Research Group
- One Belt One Road (OBOR) Analytics Lab
- Placemaking Economics Group
- Supply Chain Analytics Lab
Learn more about our research
Digital Professor Project
In 2018 The College of Business launched its Digital Professor Project. This series of videos profiles eight of the College’s leading researchers and their research stories.
College of Business Research Office