Mr Brent Allpress
Brent Allpress is a Senior Lecturer in Architecture.
Role of ornament in contemporary architecture
Emerging digital design practices
Pedagogical frameworks for emerging design practices
Counter-compositional practices in architecture and music
2006–2011 External Moderator and Architecture Program Advisor, School of Architecture, University of Auckland, NZ
2009 External Architecture Program Advisor, School of Built Environment, University of Salford, UK
2004–2010 External Examiner, Unitec School of Architecture, NZ
2003–2005 AASA Treasurer
Events and exhibitions
2010 Brent Allpress and Gretchen Wilkins, RMIT Curators, in Machinic Processes Exhibition, Architecture Biennale Beijing ABB 15–31 October 2010. ABB Directors: Neil Leach and Xu Wei-Guo.
2010 Brent Allpress, RMIT Curator, Cumulus Green, 20th Anniversary Exhibition, Shanghai, China, September 2010.
2009 Brent Allpress, RMIT Curator, RMIT Architecture Installation with Studio Prix, die Angewandte, Vienna, Spot on Schools Exhibition, and Exhibition Forum Invited Speaker, in Visions: Beyond Media International Festival of Architecture and Media, Florence, July 9–17 2009. Curator: Paola Giaconia. Festival Director: Marco Brizzi.
2009 Brent Allpress, RMIT Curator, Built Systems, 2040 City - Design Laboratory, and Public Forum Invited Speaker, BMW Edge, Federation Square in State of Design Festival: Sampling the Future, Melbourne, July 15–25, 2009.
2009 Brent Allpress, Invited Speaker in 1st International Symposium on Distributed Intelligence in Design, Salford Quays, UK, May 7–8, 2009.
2006 Brent Allpress, Invited Forum Speaker, Vice Versa: Hong Kong Venice Biennale Exhibition, International Architecture Biennale, Venice, 2006.
2004 Brent Allpress, Invited Speaker, Utopia Forum, National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia, 2004.
- Allpress, B. (2016). In Formation: Curating Emergent Design Behaviours in Algorithmic Scripting and Robotic Fabrication. In: Drawing Is/Not Building Wellington, New Zealand
- Allpress, B. (2015). Alteration and Alterity: The adaptive re-use of Modern architecture In: Adaptive Reuse Melbourne, Australia
- Allpress, B.,Barnacle, R.,Duxbury, L.,Grierson, E. (2012). Supervising practice-led research by project in art, creative writing, architecture and design In: Supervising Practices for Postgraduate Research in Art, Architecture and Design, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Allpress, B. (2012). Pedagogical practices for supervising project based research in architecture and design In: Supervising Practices for Postgraduate Research in Art, Architecture and Design, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, Holland
- Allpress, B. (2011). Pedagogical frameworks for emergent digital practices in architecture In: Distributed Intelligence In Design, Wiley-Blackwel, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom
- Allpress, B.,Barnacle, R. (2010). Practice-Based Teaching and Research by Project: An example from Architecture and Design In: Education for Future Practice, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam
- Allpress, B.,Wilkins, G. (2010). RMIT Architecture: Advanced Technologies and Emergent Practices In: Machinic Processes, Schools Exhibition, Beijing Architecture Biennale Beijing, China
- Allpress, B.,Barnacle, R. (2009). Projecting the PhD: Architectural design research by and through projects In: Changing Practices of Doctoral Education, Routledge, London
- Allpress, B.,Kovac, T. (2009). Built Systems 2040 City - Design Laboratory In: Sampling the Future: Visions for the Future of the City Melbourne
- Allpress, B. (2009). RMIT Architecture: Advanced Technologies and Emergent Practices (Spot on Schools Exhibition Visions) In: Beyond Media International Festival of Architecture and Media Florence Italy
2 PhD Completions and 3 Masters by Research Completions