Dr. Deepak Gautam
Deepak Gautam is a Lecturer and an Earth observation scientist at RMIT University. He uses drones and satellites to develop tools and algorithms for agricultural and environmental remote sensing.
Dr Deepak Gautam is a Lecturer and an Earth observation scientist at RMIT University, Geospatial Science discipline. Deepak has over eight years of experience in Earth observation using drones and satellites for various agriculture and environmental applications. He completed his PhD at the University of Tasmania, and before joining RMIT, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Adelaide and as a lecturer at Charles Darwin University.
His research projects focus on the application of remote sensing for such as viticulture (abiotic stress and precision irrigation), invasive species (detection, mapping, and management), water bodies (evapotranspiration and water balance), and environmental stress (biomass, dieback, recovery and effect of disturbances) among others. At RMIT, Deepak will expand his research into using drones and satellites for applied remote sensing and upscaling the observations from the ground to drones and satellites.
Feel free to contact Dr Deepak Gautam for research collaborations and postgraduate research supervision.
- Available for supervision
- PhD, The University of Tasmania, Australia
- Master of Science, The University of Ulsan, South Korea
- Bachelor of Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
- Jewan, S.,Pagay, V.,Billa, L.,Tyerman, S.,Gautam, D.,Sparkes, D.,Chai, H.,Singh, A. (2022). The feasibility of using a low-cost near-infrared, sensitive, consumer-grade digital camera mounted on a commercial UAV to assess Bambara groundnut yield In: International Journal of Remote Sensing, 43, 393 - 423
- Gautam, D.,Lucieer, A.,Bendig, J.,Malenovsky, Z. (2020). Footprint Determination of a Spectroradiometer Mounted on an Unmanned Aircraft System In: IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 58, 3085 - 3096
- Bendig, J.,Malenovsky, Z.,Gautam, D.,Lucieer, A. (2020). Solar-Induced Chlorophyll Fluorescence Measured from an Unmanned Aircraft System: Sensor Etaloning and Platform Motion Correction In: IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 58, 3437 - 3444
- Gautam, D.,Lucieer, A.,Watson, C.,McCoull, C. (2019). Lever-arm and boresight correction, and field of view determination of a spectroradiometer mounted on an unmanned aircraft system In: ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 155, 25 - 36
- Gautam, D.,Watson, C.,Lucieer, A.,Malenovsky, Z. (2018). Error budget for geolocation of spectroradiometer point observations from an unmanned aircraft system In: Sensors (Switzerland), 18, 1 - 16
- Gautam, D.,Lucieer, A.,Malenovsky, Z.,Watson, C. (2017). Comparison of MEMS-based and FOG-based IMUs to determine sensor pose on an unmanned aircraft system In: Journal of Surveying Engineering, 143, 1 - 11