Dr Nirav Parikh
Position: Lecturer, Finance
College / Portfolio: College of Business and Law
School / Department: COBL|Economics Finance & Marketing
Campus: City Campus
Nirav Parikh is a Lecturer in RMIT's School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
Dr Parikh is a finance researcher. He completed his PhD in Finance at RMIT University in 2017 and since then has been working as a Lecturer for RMIT.
Dr Nirav's research area is finance with a focus on developing countries. Through his work, he aims to explore and understand the impact of regulatory changes in Initial Public Offers (IPOs) on underwriter behaviour and investor participation, and its effect on IPO pricing. His research also examines the relationship between corporate governance practices in IPO firms and investor behaviour.
Teaching responsibilities :
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
Please contact via email.
- PhD in Finance, RMIT University, 2017
- Master of Finance, RMIT University, 2011
- RG146 (Tier 1-Financial Planning), RMIT University, 2010
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mumbai University, India, 1993
- 16 years of professional experience in wealth management, portfolio management, stockbroking and investment analysis.
1 PhD Current Supervisions4 PhD Completions
Initial Public Offerings, Corporate Governance, Investments, Emerging Financial Markets, Financial Markets Regulation
- Nguyen, T.,PHAN, H.,Parikh, N. (2022). The equity market returns and volatility spillover from the US and Japanese markets to Asian frontier markets In: Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, 12, 491 - 508
- Nguyen, H.,Liu, B.,Parikh, N. (2020). Exploring the short-term momentum effect in the cryptocurrency market In: Evolutionary and Institutional Economics Review, 17, 425 - 443