Dr Biplob Pramanik is a Lecturer in Water Engineering at Civil & Infrastructure Engineering Discipline. Previously, he worked as a Lecturer in Water Engineering at La Trobe University and Vice-Chancellor Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Wollongong.
Biplob's research focuses on the development of a technology platform for simultaneous recovery of water, energy and resources from wastewater.
His research also focuses on micro-plastic pollution control, stormwater management and application of recycling materials for water treatment which can be eventually used for construction purpose as construction materials.
He has contributed significantly in the area of Water Science & Technology through innovative research activities. To date, he published over 60 research articles in prestigious journals and peer-reviewed conferences.
- Doctor of Philosophy, RMIT University, Australia, 2016
- MSc in Civil and Structural Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia, 2010.
- BSc in Civil Engineering from Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh, 2007.
- Asif, M.,Fida, Z.,Tufail, A.,van der Merwe, J.,Leusch, F.,Pramanik, B.,Price, W.,Hai, F. (2019). Persulfate oxidation-assisted membrane distillation process for micropollutant degradation and membrane fouling control In: Separation and Purification Technology, 222, 321 - 331
- Pramanik, B.,Hai, F.,Ansari, A.,Roddick, F. (2019). Mining phosphorus from anaerobically treated dairy manure by forward osmosis membrane In: Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, , 1 - 8
- Nazari, M.,Mohaddes, F.,Pramanik, B.,Othman, M.,Muster, T.,Bhuiyan, M. (2018). Application of Victorian brown coal for removal of ammonium and organics from wastewater In: Environmental Technology (United Kingdom), 39, 1041 - 1051
- Pramanik, B.,Roddick, F.,Fan, L. (2018). Impact of biological activated carbon pre-treatment on the hydrophilic fraction of effluent organic matter for mitigating fouling in microfiltration In: Environmental Technology, 39, 2243 - 2250
- Pramanik, B.,Gao, Y.,Fan, L.,Roddick, F.,Liu, Z. (2017). Antiscaling effect of polyaspartic acid and its derivative for RO membranes used for saline wastewater and brackish water desalination In: Desalination, 404, 224 - 229
- Pramanik, B.,Shu, L.,Jegatheesan, V. (2017). A review of the management and treatment of brine solutions In: Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 3, 625 - 658
- Pramanik, B.,Kajol, A.,Suja, F.,Zain, S. (2017). Effect of biological and coagulation pre-treatments to control organic and biofouling potential components of ultrafiltration membrane in the treatment of lake water In: Environmental Technology (United Kingdom), 38, 579 - 587
- Pramanik, B.,Pramanik, S.,Sarker, D.,Suja, F. (2017). Removal of emerging perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorooctane sulfonate contaminants from lake water In: Environmental Technology, 38, 1937 - 1942
- Pramanik, B.,Roddick, F.,Fan, L. (2017). Biofiltration of feedwater to control organic fouling of low pressure membranes In: Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, 47, 1958 - 1985
- Pramanik, B.,Pramanik, S.,Sarker, D.,Suja, F. (2017). Impact of ozonation, anion exchange resin and UV/H2O2 pre-treatments to control fouling of ultrafiltration membrane for drinking water treatment In: Environmental Technology (United Kingdom), 38, 1383 - 1389