RMIT's Swanston Academic Building is the base for your business research career.
The building's features include:
- interactive lecture and tutorial spaces, lectorial theatres, small-group rooms and
- other innovative spaces to support enterprise formation.
- Formal learning areas interspersed with retail and social spaces and scenic outlooks over the city of Melbourne.
- wireless connection to printers, the web and specialist learning resources
- the School of Graduate Research office
- 5 Star Green Star Rating for Australian Excellence in sustainable design.
The result is a stimulating environment to encourage creative and intellectual activity among a variety of users.
Research in the School of Management
The school offers expertise across a broad range of management related areas and fosters research collaboration both within RMIT and overseas. The School of Management hosts the Centre for People, Organisation and Work.
Research at RMIT
Time spent on research
Full-time candidates are expected to commit at least four days per week (or at least two days per week for part-time candidates) to their research. The academic year is 48 weeks.
Regular contact with your supervisor
A schedule of meetings with your supervisor/s must be established to assess progress against milestones and timely completion.
Resources, facilities and support
You will have access to the Learning Hub and other online and digital resources through the myRMIT student portal.
You will be part of an active research community and have access to resources and workshops to help you succeed.
Business Research Office
The Business Research Office supports candidates, supervisors in the College of Business. It is the central office responsible for coordinating and disseminating information about funding opportunities and research-related activities. Prospective researchers are invited to contact the Business Research Office to discuss potential candidature.
School of Graduate Research
The School of Graduate Research works with Schools to further support candidates during their postgraduate research degree.