Ayman is a lecturer in Pharmaceutics within the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences.
Ayman Allahham has years of academic experience in the teaching of pharmaceutical Science courses in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and industrial experience within the pharma sector.
Ayman's research interests have been in the area of particle-particle surface interactions, dissolution and modelling in the area of solid drug and their applications for respiratory and gastrointestinal drug delivery. Ayman is dedicated to the generation of new opportunities, collaboration and delivering professional education in the area of drug delivery.
- Research in the drug delivery area (Pharmaceutics)
- Teaching in different drug delivery courses
- PhD (Pharmaceutics) - Monash University
- Masters of Pharmaceutical Sciences - Monash University
- Previous teaching, research and administration positions in tertiary institutions in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Industrial experience in QC and regulatory positions
- Liaising with industry through training, student visits, graduation projects and support
- Akhtar, N.,Ahad, A.,Khan, M.,Allahham, A.,Talegaonkar, S. (2017). The ameliorated pharmacokinetics of VP-16 in wistar rats: a possible role of P-glycoprotein inhibition by pharmaceutical excipients In: European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, 42, 191 - 199
- Allahham, A.,Maswadeh, H. (2014). Study of dissolution kinetics for poorly water-soluble drugs from ternary interactive mixtures in comparison with commercially available capsules In: Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 9, 106 - 114
- Allahham, A.,Stewart, P.,Das, S. (2013). Improving the de-agglomeration and dissolution of a poorly water soluble drug by decreasing the agglomerate strength of the cohesive powder In: International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 457, 101 - 109
- Tay, T.,Allahham, A.,Morton, D.,Stewart, P. (2011). Counter-intuitive enhancement in the dissolution of indomethacin with the incorporation of cohesive poorly water-soluble inorganic salt additives In: European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 79, 674 - 682
- Tay, T.,Allahham, A.,Morton, D.,Stewart, P. (2011). Understanding improved dissolution of indomethacin through the use of cohesive poorly water-soluble aluminium hydroxide: Effects of concentration and particle size distribution In: Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 100, 4269 - 4280
- Allahham, A.,Stewart, P.,Marriott, J.,Mainwaring, D. (2005). Factors affecting shear thickening behavior of a concentrated injectable suspension of Levodopa In: Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 94, 2393 - 2402
- Allahham, A.,Stewart, P.,Marriott, J.,Mainwaring, D. (2004). Flow and injection characteristics of pharmaceutical parenteral formulations using a micro-capillary rheometer In: International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 270, 139 - 148
- Allahham, A.,Mainwaring, D.,Stewart, P.,Marriott, J. (2004). Development and application of a micro-capillary rheometer for in-vitro evaluation of parenteral injectability In: Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 56, 709 - 716