Ayman is a lecturer in Pharmaceutics within the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences.
Ayman Allahham has years of academic experience in the teaching of pharmaceutical Science courses in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and industrial experience within the pharma sector.
Ayman's research interests have been in the area of particle-particle surface interactions, dissolution and modelling in the area of solid drug and their applications for respiratory and gastrointestinal drug delivery. Ayman is dedicated to the generation of new opportunities, collaboration and delivering professional education in the area of drug delivery.
- Research in the drug delivery area (Pharmaceutics)
- Teaching in different drug delivery courses
- PhD (Pharmaceutics) - Monash University
- Masters of Pharmaceutical Sciences - Monash University
- Previous teaching, research and administration positions in tertiary institutions in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Industrial experience in QC and regulatory positions
- Liaising with industry through training, student visits, graduation projects and support
- Abdul-Latif, R.,Stupans, I.,Allahham, A.,Adhikari, B.,Thrimawithana, T. (2021). (In Press) Natural antioxidants in the management of Parkinson's disease: Review of evidence from cell line and animal models In: Journal of Integrative Medicine, , 1 - 11
- Abdelkader, H.,Fathalla, Z.,Thrimawithana, T.,Allahham, A., et al, . (2021). Polymeric long-acting drug delivery systems (LADDS) for treatment of chronic diseases: Inserts, patches, wafers, and implants In: Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 177, 1 - 21
- Thrimawithana, T.,D'Amore, S.,Dib, Y.,Fadavi Firooz, N.,Fakhouri, W.,Saeed, A.,Allahham, A. (2019). Critical appraisal of commercially available suspending vehicles for extemporaneous compounding of cardiovascular medicines: physical and chemical stability mini review In: Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 24, 529 - 538
- Rashid, M.,Elgied, A.,Alhamhoom, Y.,Chan, E.,Rintoul, L.,Allahham, A.,Islam, M. (2019). Excipient interactions in glucagon dry powder inhaler formulation for pulmonary delivery In: Pharmaceutics, 11, 1 - 14
- Akhtar, N.,Ahad, A.,Khan, M.,Allahham, A.,Talegaonkar, S. (2017). The ameliorated pharmacokinetics of VP-16 in wistar rats: a possible role of P-glycoprotein inhibition by pharmaceutical excipients In: European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, 42, 191 - 199
- Allahham, A.,Maswadeh, H. (2014). Study of dissolution kinetics for poorly water-soluble drugs from ternary interactive mixtures in comparison with commercially available capsules In: Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 9, 106 - 114
- Allahham, A.,Stewart, P.,Das, S. (2013). Improving the de-agglomeration and dissolution of a poorly water soluble drug by decreasing the agglomerate strength of the cohesive powder In: International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 457, 101 - 109
- Tay, T.,Allahham, A.,Morton, D.,Stewart, P. (2011). Counter-intuitive enhancement in the dissolution of indomethacin with the incorporation of cohesive poorly water-soluble inorganic salt additives In: European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 79, 674 - 682
- Tay, T.,Allahham, A.,Morton, D.,Stewart, P. (2011). Understanding improved dissolution of indomethacin through the use of cohesive poorly water-soluble aluminium hydroxide: Effects of concentration and particle size distribution In: Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 100, 4269 - 4280
- Allahham, A.,Stewart, P.,Marriott, J.,Mainwaring, D. (2005). Factors affecting shear thickening behavior of a concentrated injectable suspension of Levodopa In: Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 94, 2393 - 2402
1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions