Allyson is a lecturer in the school of Media and Communication, where she lectures in creative advertising. Her research interests include visual design and science communication, creative advertising, and climate communication.
Allyson is an award-winning art director and designer, working across advertising, publication design, information design and data visualisation. As an educator, she brings her practical experience to her teaching, supported by a high-level understanding of creative practice and higher education pedagogy, and a motivation to help students use creativity to positively influence their communities. Allyson's professional practice and teaching motivation intersect with her research as a doctoral candidate at the Australian National University, where her creative practice research examines how creatives employ visual narrative framing techniques in the context of climate communication.
Allyson is an active researcher in the field of design and climate communication.
Areas of interest: Climate communication, data visualisation, information design, communication design, creative advertising.
- Undergraduate teaching:
- Creative Advertising
- Art Direction
- Industry Practice
- Advanced Creative Advertising
- Postgraduate teaching:
- Creative Advertising Campaigns
- PhD Candidate, the Australian National University
- Master of Design Futures, RMIT University
- Grad Cert. Higher Education Teaching and Learning, Deakin University
- Bachelor Hons (First class) Creative Industries, Edith Cowan University
- Bachelor of Arts (Creative Advertising), Curtin University
Allyson is an award-winning art director and designer with over 15 years of experience.
- ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions
- Australian Book Designers Association
- Australian Graphic Designers Association