Dr Haydar Demirhan
Position: Senior Lecturer
College / Portfolio: STEM College
School / Department: STEM|School of Science
Campus: City Campus
Contact me about: Research supervision
Past academic experience
- Associate Professor of Statistics, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, 2013 – 2016.
- Member of Board of Directors, Hacettepe University, Psychometrics Research and Application Centre, 2013 – 2016.
- Assistant Professor of Statistics, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, Feb 2013 – 2016.
- Lecturer, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, 2009 – 2013.
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, 2002 – 2009.
- Bayesian Inference
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Environmental Modelling
For more information about Dr Haydar Demirhan's research activity, please visit his personal website.
Publication list on:
Project activity in the last five years
- 2015 - Ongoing, Determination of Statistical Performance of Tests Used to Examine Cryptographic Randomness, Coordinator, supported by The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey.
- 2014 - 2016, The Antecedents and Outcomes of Mobbing: Hacetepe University Case, Researcher, supported by Hacettepe University.
- 2013 - 2016, Determination of Factors Affecting University Choices of 4th Year High School Students in Ankara, Researcher, supported by Hacettepe University.
- 2012 - 2016, Expectations of shareholders of Hacettepe University, and their corporate belonging, feelings and thoughts towards satisfaction, Researcher, supported by Hacettepe University.
Lecturer of Analytics
- Teaching in Statistics and Analytics
- Associate Professor of Statistics, Inter University Council, Turkey, 2013.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 2004 – 2009. Dissertation title: Bayesian Approaches to the Mixed Logarithmic Linear Models. Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Canan Hamurkaro?lu.
- M.Sc. in Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 2002 – 2004. Dissertation title: Bayesian Approaches to the Mixed Logarithmic Linear Models. Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Canan Hamurkaro?lu.
- B.Sc. in Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 1997 – 2002.
- Current Index to Statistics (Contributing Editor)
- International Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications
- American Journal of Energy and Power Engineering
- Computational and Applied Mathematics Journal
- Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation
- Journal of Multivariate Analysis
- Journal of Applied Statistics
- Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Statistica Neerlandica, Scientia Agricola
- Energy Conversion and Management
- Applied Energy
- Süleyman Demirel University Journal of Science
- Journal of Statistical Research
- Statistics in Medicine
- Journal of Engineering Research
- Scientific Research and Essays
- American Journal of Computation
- Communication and Control
- Kuwait Journal of Science
- Statistical Papers.
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA)
- Turkish Statistical Association, Informatics Association of Turkey
- European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS).
- First National Young Statisticians Symposium, 2013 – Member of Scientific Committee
- ISBA/Industrial Statistics Section – Member of Nominating Committee for the offices of program chair and treasurer, 2013
- Science Committee of Faculty of Science Hacettepe University, 2013, 2014
- ISBA/Industrial Statistics Section – Secretary, 2014-2016
- Turkish Statistical Association – Member of Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- Charizanos, G.,Demirhan, H. (2023). Bayesian prediction of wildfire event probability using normalized difference vegetation index data from an Australian forest In: Ecological Informatics, 73, 1 - 16
- Demirhan, H.,Yilmaz, A. (2023). Detection of grey zones in inter-rater agreement studies In: BMC Medical Research Methodology, 23, 1 - 15
- Yilmaz, A.,Demirhan, H. (2023). Weighted kappa measures for ordinal multi-class classification performance In: Applied Soft Computing, 134, 1 - 16
- Ristic, B.,Skvortsov, A.,Arulampalam, S.,Demirhan, H.,Kim, D. (2022). Solving the Datum Search as a Partially Observed Stochastic Game In: IEEE Access, 10, 30762 - 30769
- Suleiman, M.,Demirhan, H.,Boyd, L.,Girosi, F.,Akman, D. (2022). Bayesian prediction of emergency department wait time In: Health Care Management Science, 25, 275 - 290
- Chakravarty, S.,Demirhan, H.,Baser, F. (2022). Modified fuzzy regression functions with a noise cluster against outlier contamination In: Expert Systems with Applications, 205, 1 - 19
- Chakravarty, S.,Demirhan, H.,Baser, F. (2022). Robust wind speed estimation with modified fuzzy regression functions with a noise cluster In: Energy Conversion and Management, 266, 1 - 18
- Lope, D.,Demirhan, H.,Dolgun, N. (2022). Bayesian estimation of the effect of health inequality in disease detection In: International Journal for Equity in Health, 21, 1 - 17
- Tran, D.,Dolgun, A.,Demirhan, H. (2021). The impact of grey zones on the accuracy of agreement measures for ordinal tables In: BMC Medical Research Methodology, 21, 1 - 19
- Tran, D.,Demirhan, H.,Dolgun, A. (2021). Bayesian approaches to the weighted kappa-like inter-rater agreement measures In: Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 30, 2329 - 2351
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
5 PhD Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
Bayesian modelling, Categorical data analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, Environmental modelling, Cryptographic randomness, Probability, Mathematical statistics
- CMCRC Student Agreement in Health Analytics - Industry partner: Cabrini Health. Funded by: Rozetta Institute Limited Scholarship from (2017 to 2020)