Past academic experience
- Associate Professor of Statistics, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, 2013 – 2016.
- Member of Board of Directors, Hacettepe University, Psychometrics Research and Application Centre, 2013 – 2016.
- Assistant Professor of Statistics, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, Feb 2013 – 2016.
- Lecturer, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, 2009 – 2013.
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, 2002 – 2009.
- Bayesian Inference
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Environmental Modelling
For more information about Dr Haydar Demirhan's research activity, please visit his personal website.
Publication list on:
Project activity in the last five years
- 2015 - Ongoing, Determination of Statistical Performance of Tests Used to Examine Cryptographic Randomness, Coordinator, supported by The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey.
- 2014 - 2016, The Antecedents and Outcomes of Mobbing: Hacetepe University Case, Researcher, supported by Hacettepe University.
- 2013 - 2016, Determination of Factors Affecting University Choices of 4th Year High School Students in Ankara, Researcher, supported by Hacettepe University.
- 2012 - 2016, Expectations of shareholders of Hacettepe University, and their corporate belonging, feelings and thoughts towards satisfaction, Researcher, supported by Hacettepe University.
Lecturer of Analytics
- Teaching in Statistics and Analytics
- Associate Professor of Statistics, Inter University Council, Turkey, 2013.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 2004 – 2009. Dissertation title: Bayesian Approaches to the Mixed Logarithmic Linear Models. Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Canan Hamurkaro?lu.
- M.Sc. in Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 2002 – 2004. Dissertation title: Bayesian Approaches to the Mixed Logarithmic Linear Models. Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Canan Hamurkaro?lu.
- B.Sc. in Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 1997 – 2002.
- Current Index to Statistics (Contributing Editor)
- International Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications
- American Journal of Energy and Power Engineering
- Computational and Applied Mathematics Journal
- Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation
- Journal of Multivariate Analysis
- Journal of Applied Statistics
- Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Statistica Neerlandica, Scientia Agricola
- Energy Conversion and Management
- Applied Energy
- Süleyman Demirel University Journal of Science
- Journal of Statistical Research
- Statistics in Medicine
- Journal of Engineering Research
- Scientific Research and Essays
- American Journal of Computation
- Communication and Control
- Kuwait Journal of Science
- Statistical Papers.
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA)
- Turkish Statistical Association, Informatics Association of Turkey
- European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS).
- First National Young Statisticians Symposium, 2013 – Member of Scientific Committee
- ISBA/Industrial Statistics Section – Member of Nominating Committee for the offices of program chair and treasurer, 2013
- Science Committee of Faculty of Science Hacettepe University, 2013, 2014
- ISBA/Industrial Statistics Section – Secretary, 2014-2016
- Turkish Statistical Association – Member of Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- Kodikara, S.,Demirhan, H.,Stone, L. (2018). Inferring about the extinction of a species using certain and uncertain sightings In: Journal of Theoretical Biology, 442, 98 - 109
- Demirhan, H.,Renwick, Z. (2018). Missing value imputation for short to mid-term horizontal solar irradiance data In: Applied Energy, 225, 998 - 1012
- Baser, F.,Demirhan, H. (2017). A fuzzy regression with support vector machine approach to the estimation of horizontal global solar radiation In: Energy, 123, 229 - 240
- Cakmakyapan, S.,Demirhan, H. (2017). A Monte Carlo-based pseudo-coefficient of determination for generalized linear models with binary outcome In: Journal of Applied Statistics, 44, 2458 - 2482
- Dolgun, N.,Demirhan, H. (2017). Performance of nonparametric multiple comparison tests under heteroscedasticity, dependency, and skewed error distribution In: Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, 46, 5166 - 5183
- Demirhan, H.,Bitirim, N. (2017). A simulation study on the accuracy of cryptographic randomness tests In: Simulation, 93, 1113 - 1122
- Kalaylioglu, Z.,Demirhan, H. (2017). A joint Bayesian approach for the analysis of response measured at a primary endpoint and longitudinal measurements In: Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 26, 2885 - 2896
- Demirhan, H.,Bitirim, N. (2016). CryptRndTest: An R package for testing the cryptographic randomness In: The R Journal, 8, 233 - 247
- Demirhan, H.,Demirhan, K. (2016). A Bayesian approach for the estimation of probability distributions under finite sample space In: Statistical Papers, 57, 589 - 603
- Ata Tutkun, N.,Demirhan, H. (2016). A Bayesian approach to Cox-Gompertz model In: Hacettepe Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 45, 1621 - 1640
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
5 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
Bayesian modelling, Categorical data analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, Environmental modelling, Cryptographic randomness, Probability, Mathematical statistics
- CMCRC Student Agreement in Health Analytics - Industry partner: Cabrini Health. Funded by: Capital Markets CRC Limited Contract from (2017 to 2020)