- Sustainability reporting and disclosure
- Biodiversity reporting
- Environmental Management and Environmental Management Accounting
- Gender Accounting and Policy
I am an active researcher with a growing research output profile that includes refereed journal publications, refereed conference proceedings and grants. I have also been involved in the review process of conference papers and international journal articles.
- Career sales milestone, Cutco Australia, 1998
- National Sales Champion, Cutco Australia 1999
- Victoria University Doctoral Scholarship 2001-2006
- Certificate of Appreciation as Reviewer Intellect base Consortium 2009
- Certificate for Academic Excellence Intellect base Consortium, Sydney Australia, 2011.
- Khan, Robertson, Kend and Stevenson-Clarke 2014: Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand ( AFAANZ) $2,500 “Accounting students’ use of Facebook” In progress.
- 2008: RMIT School of accounting research grant $2,500 ‘‘Teaching corporate social responsibility reporting: an Australian, U.K. and U.S. comparison.” This project was led successfully with the involvement of two research assistants. It resulted in two academic journal publications on sustainability education. The findings were also used to improve sustainability education offered as embedded in the accounting ethics course at the University.
Introductory, intermediate and advanced Financial, Management Accounting, Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Auditing and Business Advisory Services. I believe in student engagement and learning that goes beyond a fixed structure that is driven by passion and a drive for attaining knowledge. I use multiple teaching techniques for materials delivery in the class room and applied learning and problem solving and addressing of real life business problems.
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning, RMIT, 2009.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Victoria University, 2007.
- Master of Business (Accounting), Victoria University, 2000
- Bachelor of Commerce, Melbourne University, 1997
- Thirteen years in accounting education,
- Three years in Sales & Marketing, accounting and budgeting,
- Management of large teams of sales and academic professionals,
- Sustainability reports’ preparation
- Research in global sustainability reporting, practice, frameworks, disclosure, corporate governance, biodiversity, sociology, education and eco- agriculture
- I have been a member of the CPA for ten years,
- I have been a member of XBRL Australia
- I have been a member of the Executive Editorial Board Intellectbase International Consortium U.S.A
- I have been a member of the European Accounting Association
- Associate Editor of International Review of Business Research
- Regular reviewer for Journal of Cleaner Production ( SJR 132 H INDEX, Q1 ranked since 2007)
Management and Leadership
I have effectively managed sales and marketing teams, as well as academic teams as a sales manager, course coordinator, research projects leader, course developer, and an education facilitator, I have undertaken detailed research in corporate governance including in the area of reporting and disclosure on corporation’s audit committees.
- Khan, T. (2020). Internet of Things: The Potentialities for Sustainable Agriculture In: International Business, Trade and Institutional Sustainability, Springer, Switzerland
- Gajanayake, A.,Zhang, G.,Khan, T.,Mohseni, H. (2020). Postdisaster Impact Assessment of Road Infrastructure: State-of-the-Art Review In: Natural Hazards Review, 21, 1 - 14
- Khan, T. (2020). Online Hate Crimes Against Women (CYBER VAWG) In: Encyclopedia of Criminal Activities and the Deep Web, Information Science Reference, Hershey, PA, United States
- Teh, W.,Khan, T.,Corbitt, B.,Ong, C. (2020). (In Press) Sustainability strategy and blockchain-enabled life cycle assessment: a focus on materials industry In: Environmental Systems and Decisions, , 1 - 18
- Gajanayake, A.,Khan, T.,Zhang, G. (2020). Post-Disaster Reconstruction of Road Infrastructure In: European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research, 20, 1 - 16
- Asiri, N.,Khan, T.,Kend, M. (2020). Environmental management accounting in the Middle East and North Africa region: Significance of resource slack and coercive isomorphism In: Journal of Cleaner Production, 267, 1 - 15
- Rahman, S.,Khan, T.,Siriwardhane, P. (2019). Sustainable Development Carbon Pricing Initiative and Voluntary Environmental Disclosures Quality In: Business Strategy and The Environment, 28, 1072 - 1082
- Pakurar, M.,Haddad, H.,Popp, J.,Khan, T.,Olah, J. (2019). Supply chain integration, organizational performance and balanced scorecard: An empirical study of the banking sector in Jordan In: Journal of International Studies, 12, 129 - 146
- Masud, M.,Rashid, M.,Khan, T.,Bae, S.,Kim, J. (2019). Organizational Strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Mediating Effect of Triple Bottom Line In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16, 1 - 18
- Siriwardhane, P.,Khan, T. (2019). Stakeholder salience and infrastructure renewal backlog in local government: Evidence from Australia In: The Australasian Journal of Regional Studies, 25, 223 - 253
2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions
- The influence of social media use on first year accounting students' engagment and academic performance. Funded by: Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Research 2014 from (2014 to 2015)