- Sustainability reporting and disclosure
- Biodiversity reporting
- Environmental Management and Environmental Management Accounting
- Gender Accounting and Policy
I am an active researcher with a growing research output profile that includes refereed journal publications, refereed conference proceedings and grants. I have also been involved in the review process of conference papers and international journal articles.
- Career sales milestone, Cutco Australia, 1998
- National Sales Champion, Cutco Australia 1999
- Victoria University Doctoral Scholarship 2001-2006
- Certificate of Appreciation as Reviewer Intellect base Consortium 2009
- Certificate for Academic Excellence Intellect base Consortium, Sydney Australia, 2011.
- Khan, Robertson, Kend and Stevenson-Clarke 2014: Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand ( AFAANZ) $2,500 “Accounting students’ use of Facebook” In progress.
- 2008: RMIT School of accounting research grant $2,500 ‘‘Teaching corporate social responsibility reporting: an Australian, U.K. and U.S. comparison.” This project was led successfully with the involvement of two research assistants. It resulted in two academic journal publications on sustainability education. The findings were also used to improve sustainability education offered as embedded in the accounting ethics course at the University.
Introductory, intermediate and advanced Financial, Management Accounting, Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Auditing and Business Advisory Services. I believe in student engagement and learning that goes beyond a fixed structure that is driven by passion and a drive for attaining knowledge. I use multiple teaching techniques for materials delivery in the class room and applied learning and problem solving and addressing of real life business problems.
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning, RMIT, 2009.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Victoria University, 2007.
- Master of Business (Accounting), Victoria University, 2000
- Bachelor of Commerce, Melbourne University, 1997
- Thirteen years in accounting education,
- Three years in Sales & Marketing, accounting and budgeting,
- Management of large teams of sales and academic professionals,
- Sustainability reports’ preparation
- Research in global sustainability reporting, practice, frameworks, disclosure, corporate governance, biodiversity, sociology, education and eco- agriculture
- I have been a member of the CPA for ten years,
- I have been a member of XBRL Australia
- I have been a member of the Executive Editorial Board Intellectbase International Consortium U.S.A
- I have been a member of the European Accounting Association
- Associate Editor of International Review of Business Research
- Regular reviewer for Journal of Cleaner Production ( SJR 132 H INDEX, Q1 ranked since 2007)
Management and Leadership
I have effectively managed sales and marketing teams, as well as academic teams as a sales manager, course coordinator, research projects leader, course developer, and an education facilitator, I have undertaken detailed research in corporate governance including in the area of reporting and disclosure on corporation’s audit committees.
- Furlong, C.,Jegatheesan, J.,Currell, M.,Iyer-Raniga, U.,Khan, T.,Ball, A. (2019). Is the global public willing to drink recycled water? A review for researchers and practitioners In: Utilities Policy, 56, 53 - 61
- Rahman, S.,Khan, T.,Siriwardhane, P. (2019). Sustainable Development Carbon Pricing Initiative and Voluntary Environmental Disclosures Quality In: Business Strategy and The Environment, , 1 - 11
- Pakurar, M.,Haddad, H.,Popp, J.,Khan, T.,Olah, J. (2019). Supply chain integration, organizational performance and balanced scorecard: An empirical study of the banking sector in Jordan In: Journal of International Studies, 12, 129 - 146
- Sial, M.,Zheng, C.,Khuong, N.,Khan, T.,Usman, M. (2018). Does Firm Performance Influence Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting of Chinese Listed Companies? In: Sustainability, 10, 1 - 12
- Sial, M.,Zheng, C.,Cherian, J.,Gulzar, M.,Thu, P.,Khan, T.,Nguyen, V. (2018). Does Corporate Social Responsibility Mediate the Relation between Boardroom Gender Diversity and Firm Performance of Chinese Listed Companies? In: Sustainability, 10, 1 - 18
- Sial, M.,Chunmei, Z.,Khan, T.,Nguyen, V. (2018). Corporate social responsibility, firm performance and the moderating effect of earnings management in Chinese firms In: Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration, 10, 184 - 199
- Khan, T. (2017). The initiation of environmental auditing in the United States In: Managerial Auditing Journal, 32, 810 - 826
- Khan, T. (2016). Feminism, environmental economics, and accountability In: Handbook of Environmental and Sustainable Finance, Elsevier, London, United Kingdom
- Khan, T.,Gray, R. (2016). Accounting, identity, autopoiesis+ sustainability: A comment, development and expansion on Lawrence, Botes, Collins and Roper (2013) In: Meditari Accountancy Research, 24, 36 - 55
- Khan, T.,Kend, M.,Robertson, S. (2016). Use of social media by university accounting students and its impact on learning outcomes In: Accounting Education, 25, 534 - 567
- The influence of social media use on first year accounting students' engagment and academic performance. Funded by: Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Research 2014 from (2014 to 2015)
1 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions6 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions