Dr Hamid Khayyam
Hamid Khayyam received his B.Sc. degree (Hons.) from the University of Isfahan, M.Sc. degree from the Iran University of Science and Technology, and Ph.D. degree from Deakin University. Dr. Khayyam has worked in automation and energy productivity for more than ten years in several industrial companies. In his previous position at Deakin University, he led the efforts on modeling, control, and optimization of energy systems for the carbon fiber production line at Carbon Nexus. Dr. Khayyam is currently a Senior Lecturer at the School of Engineering at RMIT University. He has contributed to more than 400 journal papers as editor and reviewer; and published more than 100 articles in professional journals/conferences, 1 book (sole editor), 10 book chapters. Dr. Khayyam serves on several Editorial Boards of Q1-ISI journals. His research is focused on instituting new technologies in support of developing distinctive approaches for integration of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, to solve complex systems, towards developing simple and procedural approaches for end-users of these technologies.
Dr. Khayyam is Top 2% of world scientists' researchers in Applied Sciences - Enabling and Strategic Technologies and Energy in (2020) and (2021).
Dr. Khayyam is an academic member of the Intelligent Automation Research Group (IARG) at RMIT as well as The Materials and Manufacturing Research Institute (MMRI) at The University of British Columbia in Canada.
During the past 10 years of his service in academia, he has collaborated with several universities including The Ohio State University, Texas A&M University, National University of Singapore, The University of British Columbia, and FH Aachen universities.
As an HDR supervisor, 8 Ph.D. students have been graduated under his supervision and they are working in universities and industries.
- Senior Member of IEEE and actively involved in Power and Energy and Intelligent Transportation Systems Societies.
- Editor of IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology,
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transaction on Intelligent Transportation Systems,
- Editor of Sustainability,
- Reviewers of IEEE TVT, ITS, TIE, TII, Nano Energy ......
- Organizing Committee and Member of the Academic Board for more than 10 international conferences.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) from the University of Isfahan.
- M.Sc. from the Iran University of Science and Technology.
- Ph.D. (APA) from Deakin University.
Dr. Hamid Khayyam has worked in automation and energy productivity in various large-scale industrial companies for more than ten years.
In his previous position, he was leading the efforts on machine learning modeling, control, and intelligent optimization of energy systems in the carbon fiber production line at Carbon Nexus, Deakin University.
His grants and research income from the industrial project is over $455,000.
- Karimi, M.,Rafieian, S.,Farajpour, M.,Miles, R.,Salehipour, H.,Nakhaie Jazar, R.,Khayyam, H. (2023). Wave propagation and vibration in intelligent nanoplates: A mechanical modeling approach In: Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, 51, 2101 - 2129
- Pham, D.,Duong, X.,Nguyen, D.,Hoang, M.,Phan, D.,Asadi, E.,Khayyam, H. (2023). Balancing and Tracking Control of Ballbot Mobile Robots using a Novel Synchronization Controller along with Online System Identification In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 70, 657 - 668
- Asgharian Rezaei, A.,Munoz, J.,Jalili, M.,Khayyam, H. (2023). A machine learning-based approach for vital node identification in complex networks In: Expert Systems with Applications, 214, 1 - 14
- Khayyam, H.,Shahkhosravi, N.,Jamali, A.,Naebe, M.,Kafieh, R.,Milani, A. (2023). GMDH-Kalman Filter prediction of high-cycle fatigue life of drilled industrial composites: A hybrid machine learning with limited data In: Expert Systems with Applications, 216, 1 - 9
- Mola, M.,Moradi Amani, A.,Jalili, M.,Khayyam, H. (2023). Data-Driven Predictive Control of CVT System for Improving Energy Efficiency of Autonomous Vehicles In: IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 72, 1501 - 1514
- Nguyen, D.,MILANI, S.,Marzbani, H.,Hussaini, N.,Khayyam, H.,Alam, F.,FARD, M.,Nakhaie Jazar, R. (2022). Vehicle ride analysis considering tyre-road separation In: Journal of Sound and Vibration, 521, 1 - 19
- Adinehvand, M.,Asadi, E.,Lai, C.,Khayyam, H.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2022). Design and adaptive control of a kinematically redundant robot with enhanced trajectory tracking for climbing in tight spaces In: Mechanism and Machine Theory, 177, 1 - 16
- Al-Saadi, Z.,Moradi Amani, A.,Fayyazi, M.,SAJJADI, S.,Nakhaie Jazar, G.,Khayyam, H., et al, . (2022). Intelligent Driver Assistance and Energy Management Systems of Hybrid Electric Autonomous Vehicles In: Sustainability, 14, 1 - 21
- Esmailzadeh, H.,Daghigh, R.,Khayyam, H. (2022). Integrated Kalina cycle in a combined polymer membrane fuel cell and evacuated heat pipe collector for a new power generation system In: Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 167, 146 - 161
- Date, A.,Traisak, O.,Ward, M.,Rupakheti, E.,Hu, E.,Khayyam, H. (2022). Experimental and Theoretical Study on Mechanical Performance of a Sustainable Method to Simultaneously Generate Power and Fresh Water In: Sustainability, 14, 1 - 15
4 PhD Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Spatio-temporal analysis of charging requirements for Victoria's Electric Bus Fleet. Funded by: IMOVE CRC from (2023 to 2025)