Hamid Khayyam received his B.Sc. degree (Hons.) from the University of Isfahan, M.Sc. degree from the Iran University of Science and Technology, and Ph.D. degree from Deakin University. Dr. Khayyam has worked in automation and energy productivity for more than ten years in several industrial companies. In his previous position at Deakin University, he led the efforts on modeling, control, and optimization of energy systems for the carbon fiber production line at Carbon Nexus. Dr. Khayyam is currently a Senior Lecturer at the School of Engineering at RMIT University. He has contributed to more than 400 journal papers as editor and reviewer; and published more than 100 articles in professional journals/conferences, 1 book (sole editor), 10 book chapters. Dr. Khayyam serves on several Editorial Boards of Q1-ISI journals. His research is focused on instituting new technologies in support of developing distinctive approaches for integration of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, to solve complex systems, towards developing simple and procedural approaches for end-users of these technologies.
Dr. Khayyam is Top 2% of world scientists' researchers in Applied Sciences - Enabling and Strategic Technologies and Energy in (2020) and (2021).
Dr. Khayyam is an academic member of the Intelligent Automation Research Group (IARG) at RMIT as well as The Materials and Manufacturing Research Institute (MMRI) at The University of British Columbia in Canada.
During the past 10 years of his service in academia, he has collaborated with several universities including The Ohio State University, Texas A&M University, National University of Singapore, The University of British Columbia, and FH Aachen universities.
As an HDR supervisor, 8 Ph.D. students have been graduated under his supervision and they are working in universities and industries.
- Senior Member of IEEE and actively involved in Power and Energy and Intelligent Transportation Systems Societies.
- Editor of IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology,
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transaction on Intelligent Transportation Systems,
- Editor of Sustainability,
- Reviewers of IEEE TVT, ITS, TIE, TII, Nano Energy ......
- Organizing Committee and Member of the Academic Board for more than 10 international conferences.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) from the University of Isfahan.
- M.Sc. from the Iran University of Science and Technology.
- Ph.D. (APA) from Deakin University.
Dr. Hamid Khayyam has worked in automation and energy productivity in various large-scale industrial companies for more than ten years.
In his previous position, he was leading the efforts on machine learning modeling, control, and intelligent optimization of energy systems in the carbon fiber production line at Carbon Nexus, Deakin University.
His grants and research income from the industrial project is over $455,000.
- Khayyam, H.,Naebe, M.,Milani, A.,Fakhrhoseini, S.,Date, A.,Shabani, B.,Atkiss, S.,Ramakrishna, S.,Fox, B.,Nakhaie Jazar, R. (2021). Improving energy efficiency of carbon fiber manufacturing through waste heat recovery: A circular economy approach with machine learning In: Energy, 225, 1 - 14
- Karimi, M.,Rafieian, S.,Farajpour, M.,Miles, R.,Salehipour, H.,Nakhaie Jazar, R.,Khayyam, H. (2021). (In Press) Wave propagation and vibration in intelligent nanoplates: A mechanical modeling approach In: Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, , 1 - 29
- Phan, D.,Moradi Amani, A.,Mola, M.,Asgharian Rezaei, A.,Fayyazi, M.,Jalili, M.,Pham, D.,Langari, R.,Khayyam, H. (2021). Cascade adaptive mpc with type 2 fuzzy system for safety and energy management in autonomous vehicles: A sustainable approach for future of transportation In: Sustainability, 13, 1 - 15
- Adinehvand, M.,Asadi, E.,Lai, C.,Khayyam, H.,Tan, K.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2021). BogieBot: A Climbing Robot in Cluttered Confined Space of Bogies with Ferrous Metal Surfaces In: Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2021), Prague, Czech Republic, 27 September - 1 October 2021
- Crawford, B.,Sourki, R.,Khayyam, H.,Milani, A. (2021). A machine learning framework with dataset-knowledgeability pre-assessment and a local decision-boundary crispness score: An industry 4.0-based case study on composite autoclave manufacturing In: Computers in Industry, 132, 1 - 13
- Rahaoui, K.,Khayyam, H.,Ve, Q.,Akbarzadeh, A.,Date, A. (2021). Renewable thermal energy driven desalination process for a sustainable management of reverse osmosis reject water In: Sustainability (Switzerland), 13, 1 - 15
- Karimi, M.,Farajpour, M.,Rafieian, S.,Milani, A.,Khayyam, H. (2020). Surface energy layers investigation of intelligent magnetoelectrothermoelastic nanoplates through a vibration analysis In: European Physical Journal Plus, 135, 1 - 29
- Alamdari Milani, S.,Khayyam, H.,Marzbani, H.,Melek, W.,Azad, N.,Nakhaie Jazar, G. (2020). (In Press) Smart Autodriver Algorithm for Real-Time Autonomous Vehicle Trajectory Control In: IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, , 1 - 12
- Khayyam, H.,Jamali, A.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Esch, T.,Ramakrishna, S.,Jalili, M.,Naebe, M. (2020). A Novel Hybrid Machine Learning Algorithm for Limited and Big Data Modeling with Application in Industry 4.0 In: IEEE Access, 8, 111381 - 111393
- Ahmadi, S.,Rezaei, N.,Khayyam, H. (2020). Energy management system of networked microgrids through optimal reliability-oriented day-ahead self-healing scheduling In: Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks, 23, 1 - 17
2 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions