Dr Annette Kroen is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Urban Research. Her research explores integrated land use and transport planning, metropolitan governance as well as citizen participation.
Annette is an urban and regional planner and has worked on projects related to transport planning, regional and metropolitan development, citizen participation and policy analysis.
Prior to joining RMIT University, Annette was a Research Fellow at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Dortmund, Germany. There, she was part of the research and development project "QuartiersNETZ", which explored the involvement of older people into participative neighbourhood development as well as the development and testing of innovative senior-focused technical interaction and communication media.
Annette's wider research interests span the areas of metropolitan governance, public participation and community engagement, transport and land use planning.
PhD, RMIT University (awarded October 2010). Thesis: 'Cooperative Metropolitan Governance: Towards Effective Regional Sustainable Development?
Dipl.-Ing. Raumplanung (equivalent to a Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning), University of Dortmund, Germany
- Goodman, R.,Kroen, A.,Davern, M. (2021). Quality of Life, Sustainability and Transport: The Case of Melbourne, Australia In: Handbook of Quality of Life and Sustainability, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, Cham, Switzerland
- Kroen, A.,De Gruyter, C. (2021). Development Contributions for Regional and State Infrastructure–A Case Study of Melbourne, Australia In: Urban Policy and Research, , 1 - 18
- Butt, A.,Kroen, A.,Steele, W.,Duhr, S. (2021). Local government co-ordination: metropolitan governance in twenty-first century Australia In: AHURI Final Report, , 1 - 69
- Kroen, A. (2020). The missing link between growth area planning and metropolitan governance In: Australian Planner, 56, 153 - 157
- Gunn, L.,Kroen, A.,De Gruyter, C.,Higgs, C.,Saghapour, T.,Davern, M. (2020). Early delivery of equitable and healthy transport options in new suburbs: Policy, place and people In: Journal of Transport & Health, 18, 1 - 15
- Kroen, A.,Ruessler, H.,Just, M. (2019). Teilhaben und Beteiligen auf Quartiersebene [Participation and engagement at the neighbourhood level], Verlag Barbara Budrich, Germany
- Kroen, A. (2019). QuartiersNETZ: Partizipative Entwicklung von Quartiersnetzwerken In: Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany Dortmund, Germany
- Kroen, A.,Goodman, R. (2019). Assessment of retail model in greenfield development settings In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Kroen, A.,Taylor, E.,Goodman, R. (2019). Melbourne’s Growth Area Infrastructure Contribution and the Funding of Public Transport in Outer Suburbs In: Proceedings of the 9th State of Australian Cities National Conference (SOAC 2019), Perth, Australia, 3 - 5 December 2019
- Vukoman, M.,Kroen, A. (2018). Entwicklung und Analyse von Akteursnetzwerken im Quartier (Development and Analysis of Actor Networks in the Neighbourhood) In: Sozialraum und Netzwerke. Perspektiven in der Governance-Ära (Social space and networks. Perspectives in the Governance Era), Technical University of Cologne, Cologne
1 PhD Current Supervisions