Frequently asked questions

Applications and entry requirements

Apply online and upload your documents into our international application system for quick, easy and secure processing.

Students completing an Australian Year 12 (in Australia or overseas), or the International Baccalaureate (in Australia or New Zealand) should apply for higher education courses (including associate degree, bachelor and honours courses) through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).

To avoid delays in admission processing, submit a complete set of supporting documents including:

  • passport
  • certified copies of academic transcripts (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT course)
  • certified copies of all graduation certificates in both the original language and English (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT course)
  • evidence of English language proficiency (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT course)
  • any documentation relating to selection tasks (pre-selection kits, folios etc.)
  • CV, work reference letter, referee report etc. (if applicable)

Please note that documents submitted will not be returned.

Who can certify these documents?

As a registered RMIT agent, you can sight and certify the documents provided by the student.

View our approximate application turnaround times. This list is updated regularly.

In addition to meeting the academic and English language requirements of their particular course, all international students must meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirements.

Minimum English language requirements differ between courses. Students are strongly advised to check the minimum English labguage requirements required for their preferred course.

View the Country equivalency page to find out the recognised equivalent Year 12 studies program to the required standard.

Visa information

Please check the Australian visa office in your home country.

All international students holding an Australian student visa are required to maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) with an approved OSHC provider.


aboriginal flag
torres strait flag

Acknowledgement of country

RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business. - Artwork created by Louisa Bloomer