When your course will be available in Canvas
If your course has already started, it will appear in Canvas 24 hours after you add it in Enrolment Online. Courses should appear seven days before the official course start date.
If you have further questions, contact your teacher/course coordinator.
What is Canvas?
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), RMIT learning and teaching activities have moved online. Lectures will be recorded and available on Canvas and tutorials will be delivered through Canvas' webinar tools Collaborate Ultra or Microsoft Teams.
To access Canvas and participate in your classes, you will need the following:
- A computer or other suitable device
- Internet access via a supported browser
- Headphones/earbuds with microphone
If there are other specific requirements for your course, your Course Coordinator will let you know.
- Collaborate Ultra Student Guide (PDF) - How to access and use Collaborate Ultra (Canvas' webinar tool), and access past recordings
- Online Learning Quick Guide (PDF) - Quick tips about online etiquette and getting the most out of online learning
- Submitting an assessment via Canvas using Turnitin - instructions on how to submit assessments via Canvas
- Recording and uploading video assessments into Canvas (VIDEO) - instructions on how to record and submit a video assessment via Canvas Studio
The Canvas Community has a wealth of knowledge. Including guides, and forums where you can ask people for help. Should you have any questions, here is a good place to search your query. Because there’s a very good chance someone else has asked that same question before.
Canvas top tips
If you need access to Canvas or are having technical issues, please contact the IT Service and Support Centre.
If you require assistance using Canvas, you can find a help option within Canvas on the bottom left of the global navigation. From here you can access the Canvas Chat or call the student hotline on +61 1800 910 175 and staff hotline on +61 1800 861 359. These are both available 24/7.