This diploma uses a variety of teaching approaches, including workshops, lectorials and residential intensives, in conjunction with project work, team-based activities and work integrated learning.
Studies combine face to face learning environments and online delivery, enhanced by a range of resources.
As a student of this diploma, you will learn to:
- analyse and apply sustainable building theory and principles to industry issues, and implement new directions in sustainable building design
- communicate your ideas and strategies, justifying decisions to diverse stakeholders
- employ your knowledge develop solutions that respond to the diverse needs of sustainable building project stakeholders
- critically examine and reflect on your work, and sustainable building theory, to question accepted building
- solutions, design strategies, design practices and decision making approaches
- apply appropriate research methods, tools and technical skills to plan and evaluate projects.
Assessment is designed to provide you with opportunities to demonstrate your capabilities. It will include a range of activities such as report writing, written reflection, project based work, problem solving, presentations, peer or industry review. You can expect to undertake case studies, project reports, assignments, presentations, and design projects.
Ongoing feedback will be provided by your lecturers and your peers to enhance your learning as you continue to refine your capabilities for your future professional practice and learning after graduation.