The Academic Development Group (ADG) supports academic and teaching staff to deliver quality programs to College of Science, Engineering and Health students.
The Academic Development Group within the College provides expertise and support in program and course design, development and accreditation, as well as a range of other learning and teaching services, such as scholarship and administrative support. Our close association with the Science, Health and Engineering Educational Research (SHEER) Centre ensures that we apply the most recent and relevant education theory to our practice.
The College’s current Learning and Teaching initiatives include:
- work relevant, work ready programs with appropriate pathways
- support for global learning and flexible programs
- participating in regular quality assurance reviews and continuous program improvement
- support for development of Work Integrated Learning student opportunities
- providing technical and pedagogical and technological support for integrating educational technologies to enhance students’ learning experience
- facilitating a community of practice and other staff development opportunities for teaching and support personnel
- celebrating and recognising outstanding Learning and Teaching performance
- promoting and supporting Learning and Teaching grant applications
- promoting and supporting researching and publishing in Learning and Teaching
- providing support and advice regarding student lifecycle activities.