Dr Saima Ahmad is working as a Lecturer in Business at the Graduate School of Business and Law (GSBL), RMIT University. She coordinates Business Research Design, Leadership and Management and Business Data Analytics courses in the RMIT Online Master of Business Administration program. She earned a PhD in Business Management from Monash University in 2017. Prior to joining GSBL, Saima held sessional academic appointments within Business schools at the University of Melbourne, Monash University and Victoria University.
Saima is an award-winning researcher and the author of journal articles, conference papers and a book chapter. Her peer-reviewed work appears in numerous ERA and ABDC journals such as Personnel Review, Non-Profit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, Management Decision, European Management Journal, International Journal of Manpower, Employee Relations, Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, International Journal of Educational Management, Journal of Business Systems, Governance and Ethics, among many others. Her research has won the 2019 Emerald Outstanding Paper Award. Saima has also received scholarships awards for her academic excellence.
Saima is an Editorial Board Member of the European Management Journal.
- Course-coordination: ECON1348; ECON1555; BUSM4737; BUSM4586 and BUSM4746
- Teaching: ECON1555 and BUSM4448.
- Research: Several ongoing research projects
- Leadership: Editorial Board Member (European Management Journal)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- MS in Management
- Master of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science
- Member of the Academy of International Business
- Member of the Australasian Business Ethics Network
- Associate Member of CPA in Australia
- Ahmad, S.,Kaleem, A. (2020). Zooming in on the workplace bullying and turnover intentions pathway: the role of wellbeing and a cultural boundary condition In: Personnel Review, 49, 425 - 444
- Ahmad, R.,Ahmad, S.,Islam, T.,Kaleem, A. (2020). The nexus of corporate social responsibility (CSR), affective commitment and organisational citizenship behaviour in academia A model of trust In: Employee Relations: The International Journal, 42, 232 - 247
- Ahmad, S.,Sohal, A.,Cox, J. (2020). Leading well is not enough: A new insight from the ethical leadership, workplace bullying and employee well-being relationships In: European Business Review, 32, 159 - 180
- Ahmad, S.,Fazal-E-Hasan, S.,Kaleem, A. (2020). (In Press) Is the meaning of ethical leadership constant across cultures? A test of cross-cultural measurement invariance In: International Journal of Manpower, , 1 - 18
- Islam, T.,Ahmad, S.,Kaleem, A.,Mahmood, K. (2020). (In Press) Abusive supervision and knowledge sharing: moderating roles of Islamic work ethic and learning goal orientation In: Management Decision, , 1 - 18
- Ahmad, S.,Algeo, C.,Foster, S.,Sohal, A.,Prajogo, D.,Moehler, R. (2019). Review of the key challenges in major infrastructure construction projects: How do project managers �skill-up�? In: Proceedings of the 19th Annual Conference of the European Academy of Management (EURAM 19), Lisbon, Portugal , 26-28 June 2019
- Foster, S.,Ahmad, S.,Sohal, A.,Prajogo, D.,Algeo, C.,Moehler, R. (2019). A Multi-Level Competencies Framework for the Successful Delivery of Major Infrastructure Projects In: Proceedings of the 14th Organization, Technology & Management in Construction Conference (OTMC 2019), Zagreb, Croatia, 4-7 September 2019
- Ahmad, S.,Fazal-E-Hasan, S.,Kaleem, A. (2018). How ethical leadership stimulates academics� retention in universities: The mediating role of job-related affective well-being In: International Journal of Educational Management, 32, 1348 - 1362
- Ahmad, S. (2018). Can ethical leadership inhibit workplace bullying across East and West: Exploring cross-cultural interactional justice as a mediating mechanism In: European Management Journal, 36, 223 - 234
- Ahmad, S.,Kalim, R.,Kaleem, A. (2017). Academics� perceptions of bullying at work: insights from Pakistan In: International Journal of Educational Management, 31, 204 - 220
1 PhD Current Supervisions