Dr Melody Ellis is the Program Manager of the Bachelor of Media and Communication (Honours).
Melody Ellis is a writer and creative practice researcher interested in the politics of value, language, interpretation, and subjectivity. Her writing and thinking is informed by art, critical theory, philosophy, literature and collaboration.
Melody is a Chief Investigator on the Australian Research Council Discovery Project 'Connecting Asia-Pacific Literary Cultures: Grounds, Encounter and Exchange' with Prof David Carlin, Prof Francesca Rendle-Short, Dr Michelle Aung Thin, and Prof Lily Rose Tope.
- Program Manager, Bachelor of Media and Communication (Honours)
- Core member, non/fictionLab research group
- Doctor of Philosophy, RMIT University.
- Bachelor of Communication (First Class Honours), The University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Visual Arts (Fine Arts), Sydney College of the Arts, The University of Sydney
Melody spent over a decade working in the arts, including for:
- The National Association for the Visual Arts
- The Biennale of Sydney
- The Athens Biennale (where she was Project Manager of its first iteration, Destroy Athens)
- un Projects
- West Space
- Taylor, S.,Shaw, O.,Rendle-Short, F.,Murray, P.,Magner, B.,Ellis, M. (2023). Collaborative effervescence through communitas In: Sydney Review of Books Australia
- Ellis, M.,Rendle-Short, F.,Carlin, D.,Tope, L.,Aung Thin, M. (2023). Connecting literary cultures: towards a methodology for ethical encounter and exchange In: Journal of Public Pedagogies, 7, 1 - 15
- Murray, P.,Ellis, M.,Jackson, A.,Sefanou, T.,Warsame, K. (2021). On the Holding of Spaces for Essaying Into In: Cordite Poetry Review Melbourne, Australia
- Ellis, M. (2020). Motherhood, Language and the Everyday During the Poetry of Astrid Lorange, Amy Brown and L K Holt In: Propaganda, issue 97 & 98 Melbourne, Australia
- Rendle-Short, F.,Taylor, S.,Scott, R.,Ellis, M. (2019). DISRUPT: Mapping the future of Melbourne through stories In: Melbourne Knowledge Week Melbourne Australia
- Ellis, M. (2019). The Mother-Complex In: Writing in the Expanded Field Volume II: Doubting Writing/Writing Doubt Melbourne, Australia
- Rendle-Short, F.,Scott, R.,Taylor, S.,Aung Thin, M.,Ellis, M. (2018). No one wakes up wanting to be homeless: A case study in applied Creative Writing In: Social capital and enterprise in the modern state, Palgrave Macmillan - Springer Nature, Cham, Switzerland
- Rendle-Short, F.,Ellis, M. (2018). As a matter of love: A short dialogue on love made material In: The Materiality of Love: Essays on affection and cultural practice, Routledge, New York and London
- Ellis, M. (2018). Writing Ugly In: On the Politics of Ugliness, Springer, Cham, Switzerland
- Connecting Asia-Pacific Literary Cultures: Grounds, Encounter and Exchange. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2021 from (2021 to 2024)
6 PhD Current Supervisions