Prof Gondal is passionate about translation research in Cybersecurity, Malware analysis, threat intelligence, Blockchain, remote condition monitoring, mobile and sensor networks areas.
Professor Iqbal Gondal is Associate Dean Cloud, Systems and Security in RMIT University. He has worked in industry and academia for 25 years in Singapore and Australia. He led Internet Commerce Security Lab (ICSL), Federation University as a Director for last seven years to conduct translational research in Cybersecurity. He was responsible for establishing collaborative partnerships between Federation University and Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) & Australian Federal Police (AFP). He was also as an Associate Dean Engagement in STEM School in Federation University, where he successfully developed partnerships with domestic and international institutions for teaching and research. He has worked as a member of University Governing Council & member of engineering advisory committee for Federation University, Non-Exec Director of Oceania Cyber Security Centre, and University engagement for Defence Science Institute. In the past, he was the Director of ICT strategy for the faculty of IT in Monash. He has received significant funding to support research in Intelligent Malware analysis, threat intelligence, fraud detection, cyber-attack triage, malware webinject detection, phishing attack identification, remote condition monitoring and blockchain.
He is Fellow of Institute of Engineers Australia, member of IEEE (USA)/communication society and Graduate member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD). He has completed Oxford Executive Leadership program. He worked in a capacity of a research fellow and a senior software systems engineer for seven years in Singapore and Australia with Delphi (GM), Singapore Manufacturing Technology (SimTech) centre and other industries working on design and development, project management, system design and integration, SCADA, intelligent techniques, adaptive systems and wireless switches for financial services. He has published over 209-refereed conference and journal papers and he is a an experienced HDR supervisor.
- Associate Dean Cloud, Systems and Security Discipline
- RMIT Centre for Cybersecurity Research and Innovation - Theme leader (Critical Infrastructure Security)
- Luo, J.,Yang, T.,Yi, X.,Han, F.,Gondal, I.,Huang, G. (2023). A Comparative Study on Design and Usability of Cryptographic Libraries In: Australian Computer Science Week Conference 2023, Melbourne, Australia, 30th January - 3 February 2023
- Ur-Rehman, A.,Gondal, I.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Jolfaei, A. (2022). Sensitivity Analysis for Vulnerability Mitigation in Hybrid Networks In: Electronics, 11, 1 - 19
- Klupacs, J.,Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Rathnayake, T.,Gondal, I.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2022). Multiagent Information Fusion for Connected Driving: A Review In: IEEE Access, 10, 85030 - 85049
- Thomas, L.,Gondal, I.,Oseni, T.,Firmin, S. (2022). A framework for data privacy and security accountability in data breach communications In: Computers and Security, 116, 1 - 15
- Rashed, M.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Gondal, I.,Islam, S. (2022). False Data Detection in a Clustered Smart Grid Using Unscented Kalman Filter In: IEEE Access, 10, 78548 - 78556
- Rashed, M.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Gondal, I.,Islam, S. (2022). Vulnerability Assessment framework for a Smart Grid In: 2022 4th Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference, Nevsehir, Turkey , 14-17 June 2022
- Ur-Rehman, A.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Gondal, I.,Jolfaei, A. (2022). Cyber Resilience Modelling for the Operations of Hybrid Network In: IEEE CyberSciTech/PICom/DASC/CBDCom 2022, Calabria, Italy, 12-15 September 2022
- Ul Haq, I.,Black, P.,Gondal, I.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Watters, P.,Kayes, A. (2022). Spam Email Categorization with NLP and using Federated Deep Learning In: Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNAI,volume 13726), Brisbane, Australia, 28-30 November 2022
- Ur-Rehman, A.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Gondal, I.,Jolfaei, A. (2022). Fuzzy-Based Operational Resilience Modelling In: DSAA'2022, online-China, 13-16 October 2022
- Ferdush, J.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Karmakar, G.,Gondal, I.,Das, R. (2022). Identification of Fake News: A Semantic Driven Technique for Transfer Domain In: Proceeding of The 29th International Conference on Neural Information Processing, India, 22-26 November 2022
4 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Central Bank Digital Currency – Infrastructure & Applications (administered by Digital Finance CRC). Funded by: CSIRO - Next Generation Graduates Programs from (2023 to 2026)