Prof Gondal is passionate about translation research in Cybersecurity, Malware analysis, threat intelligence, Blockchain, remote condition monitoring, mobile and sensor networks areas.
Professor Iqbal Gondal is Associate Dean Cloud, Systems and Security in RMIT University. He has worked in industry and academia for 25 years in Singapore and Australia. He led Internet Commerce Security Lab (ICSL), Federation University as a Director for last seven years to conduct translational research in Cybersecurity. He was responsible for establishing collaborative partnerships between Federation University and Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) & Australian Federal Police (AFP). He was also as an Associate Dean Engagement in STEM School in Federation University, where he successfully developed partnerships with domestic and international institutions for teaching and research. He has worked as a member of University Governing Council & member of engineering advisory committee for Federation University, Non-Exec Director of Oceania Cyber Security Centre, and University engagement for Defence Science Institute. In the past, he was the Director of ICT strategy for the faculty of IT in Monash. He has received significant funding to support research in Intelligent Malware analysis, threat intelligence, fraud detection, cyber-attack triage, malware webinject detection, phishing attack identification, remote condition monitoring and blockchain.
He is Fellow of Institute of Engineers Australia, member of IEEE (USA)/communication society and Graduate member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD). He has completed Oxford Executive Leadership program. He worked in a capacity of a research fellow and a senior software systems engineer for seven years in Singapore and Australia with Delphi (GM), Singapore Manufacturing Technology (SimTech) centre and other industries working on design and development, project management, system design and integration, SCADA, intelligent techniques, adaptive systems and wireless switches for financial services. He has published over 209-refereed conference and journal papers and he is a an experienced HDR supervisor.
- Associate Dean Cloud, Systems and Security Discipline
- RMIT Centre for Cybersecurity Research and Innovation - Theme leader (Critical Infrastructure Security)
- Ur-Rehman, A.,Gondal, I.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Jolfaei, A. (2022). Sensitivity Analysis for Vulnerability Mitigation in Hybrid Networks In: Electronics, 11, 1 - 19
- Rashed, M.,Gondal, I.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Islam, S. (2021). State estimation within ied based smart grid using kalman estimates In: Electronics, 10, 1 - 11
- Khoda, M.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Gondal, I.,Imam, T.,Rahman, A. (2021). Malware detection in edge devices with fuzzy oversampling and dynamic class weighting In: Applied Soft Computing, 112, 1 - 12
- Black, P.,Gondal, I.,Baigrov, A.,Moniruzzaman, M. (2021). Malware Variant Identification Using Incremental Clustering In: Electronics, 10, 1 - 15
- Black, P.,Gondal, I. (2021). Cross-compiler bipartite vulnerability search In: Electronics (Switzerland), 10, 1 - 17
- Uddin, M.,Stranieri, A.,Gondal, I.,Balasurbramanian, V. (2021). A Survey on the Adoption of Blockchain in IoT: Challenges and Solutions In: Blockchain: Research and Applications, 2, 1 - 80
- Karmakar, G.,Chowdhury, A.,Kamruzzaman, J.,Gondal, I. (2021). A Smart Priority-Based Traffic Control System for Emergency Vehicles In: IEEE Sensors Journal, 21, 15849 - 15858
- Uddin, M.,Stranieri, A.,Gondal, I.,Balasubramanian, V. (2021). Blockchain Leveraged Decentralized IoT eHealth Framework In: Internet of Things, 9, 1 - 35
- Kopp, C.,Sillitoe, J.,Gondal, I. (2021). “I am your perfect online partner” analysis of dating profiles used in cybercrime In: Asia Pacific Journal of Advanced Business and Social Studies, 3, 207 - 217
- Black, P.,Gondal, I.,Vamplew, P.,Lakhotia, A. (2020). Reanimating Historic Malware Samples In: Malware Analysis Using Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, Springer Nature, Cham, Switzerland
1 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions