Yi Ju is a Vice-Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow in School of Health and Biomedical Sciences at RMIT University.
He is a Vice-Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow in School of Health and Biomedical Sciences at RMIT University and an Honorary Fellow in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Department of Chemical Engineering at The University of Melbourne. His research interest focuses on understanding how nanomaterials interact with complex biological systems.
Prior to joining RMIT, he was a research fellow in the Department of Chemical Engineering at The University of Melbourne. During this post-doctoral appointment, he has been responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects, leading to collaborative projects between multiple universities and institutes. In addition, he was a co-leader (2017–2021) of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Convergent Bio-Nano Science and Technology (CoE CBNS) Signature Project 'Mediating Protein Interactions'.
Prizes and awards
- 2021: 2020 Most Significant CBNS Publication Award, ARC Centre of Excellence in Convergent Bio-Nano Science and Technology
- 2020: Career Development Award, ARC Centre of Excellence in Convergent Bio-Nano Science and Technology
- 2019: Outstanding Postdoctoral Researcher Award, The University of Melbourne
- 2019: Nanoscale Advances Oral Prize, Royal Society of Chemistry
- 2017: Reviewer Excellence Award for Chemistry of Materials, American Chemical Society
- 2014: Best Tutor Award, The University of Melbourne
- 2012: Best Biomedical Engineering Project Award, The University of Melbourne
Research support income
- Co-CI for ARC Discovery Project (DP210103114) (2021–2023).
- Sole CI for Vice-Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellowship, RMIT University (2021–2024).
- Sole CI for The Early Career Researcher Grant, The University of Melbourne (2020).
- 2017: Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering), The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2012: Master of Engineering (Biomedical Engineering) with Distinction, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Impact of Biological Coatings on Nanoparticle–Immune Cell Interactions (administered by The University of Melbourne). Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2021 from (2021 to 2023)
- Li, W.,Xie, L.,Ju, Y.,Zhang, Z.,Li, B.,Li, J.,Sang, W.,Wang, G.,Tian, H.,Dai, Y. (2022). A “three musketeers” tactic for inclining interferon-? as a comrade-in-arm to reinforce the synergistic-tumoricidal therapy In: Nano Research, 15, 3458 - 3470
- Zhang, Z.,Xie, L.,Ju, Y. (2021). Recent Advances in Metal-Phenolic Networks for Cancer Theranostics In: Small, 17, 1 - 33
- Song, J.,Ju, Y.,Mettu, S.,Caruso, F., et al, . (2021). Influence of Poly(Ethylene Glycol) Molecular Architecture on Particle Assembly and Ex Vivo Particle–Immune Cell Interactions in Human Blood In: ACS Nano, 15, 10025 - 10038
- Spoljaric, S.,Ju, Y.,Caruso, F. (2021). Protocols for Reproducible, Increased-Scale Synthesis of Engineered Particles - Bridging the "upscaling Gap" In: Chemistry of Materials, 33, 1099 - 1115
- Lin, G.,Cortez-Jugo, C.,Ju, Y.,Besford, Q.,Ryan, T.,Pan, S.,Richardson, J.,Caruso, F. (2021). Microemulsion-Assisted Templating of Metal-Stabilized Poly(Ethylene Glycol) Nanoparticles In: Biomacromolecules, 22, 612 - 619
- Tjandra, K.,Forest, C.,Wong, C.,Ju, Y., et al, . (2020). Modulating the Selectivity and Stealth Properties of Ellipsoidal Polymersomes through a Multivalent Peptide Ligand Display In: Advanced Healthcare Materials, 9, 1 - 11
- Kelly, H.,Tan, H.,Ju, Y.,Caruso, F., et al, . (2020). Self-assembling influenza nanoparticle vaccines drive extended germinal center activity and memory B cell maturation In: JCI Insight, 5, 1 - 15
- Houston, Z.,Bunt, J.,Ju, Y.,Caruso, F., et al, . (2020). Understanding the Uptake of Nanomedicines at Different Stages of Brain Cancer Using a Modular Nanocarrier Platform and Precision Bispecific Antibodies In: ACS Central Science, 6, 727 - 738
- Rahim, M.,Lin, G.,Ju, Y.,Caruso, F., et al, . (2020). Self-Assembly of a Metal-Phenolic Sorbent for Broad-Spectrum Metal Sequestration In: ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 12, 3746 - 3754
- Zhong, Q.,Ju, Y.,Pan, S.,Caruso, F., et al, . (2020). Expanding the Toolbox of Metal–Phenolic Networks via Enzyme-Mediated Assembly In: Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, 59, 1711 - 1717