This advanced diploma blends practical experience with electronics and communications applications built on a strong theoretical foundation.
You'll learn how to test, assemble, install,and maintain equipment and systems, manage risk, estimate and manage projects, and provide technical advice.
You'll gain skills in computer-aided drafting and electronic design, computer interfacing, microprocessor programming, design, commissioning electronics systems, computer programming, and perform simulations using various software packages.
The qualification is structured to deliver competencies, knowledge and skills required by the nationally-accredited Electrotechnology Training Package.
Areas of specialised study include:
- analogue integrated circuit
- communications and networks
- computational solutions
- computer programming
- digital and analogue applications
- electronic technology and instrumentation
- engineering and material science
- environmental and sustainability
- gate array technology
- microprocessor control systems
- occupational health and safety
- printed circuit board design
- project management