Dr Fateme Akhlaghi is a Research Fellow in 'Functional Materials and Microsystems' group at RMIT University, interested and involved in MedTech research translation projects to develop wearable biosensors.
Scholarships and awards
- 2018- Postdoctoral Research Grant awarded by Presidency of Islamic Republic of Iran, National Elites Foundation
- 2013- Melbourne International Fee Remission Scholarships (MIFRS) and Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS)
- 2011- Travel and allowance scholarship to The University of Melbourne awarded by Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Islamic Republic of Iran for six months
- 2021- Developing non-invasive, rapid and selective conductometric biosensors for early detection of cancer biomarkers in partnership with Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
- 2021- Developing wearable electrochemical aptamer-based (E-AB) biosensors for real-time monitoring of vancomycin in partnership with Nutromics company.
- 2018-2019- Investigation on the catalytic role of polyoxometalates in the synthesis of 2-aminothiophen derivatives
- 2013-2018- Solution behaviour and photochromic properties of a new family of mixed-metal hybrid amino acid-polyoxometalates.
- 2011-2012- Synthesis of single-molecule magnets and valence tautomeric complexes
- 2008-2012- Synthesis and characterization of some metal complexes of sulfur ylides with spectroscopic and X-ray crystallography methods and study on their antibacterial properties
- 2005-2008- Synthesis and characterization of a new phosphorus ligand and related complexes with metals Hg(II), Ag(I) and Pd(II)
Developing Wearable Biosensors:
- Electrochemistry- Electrochemical Aptamer-Based (E-AB) Biosensors for Real-Time Monitoring of Drugs
- Conductometry- Conductometric Biosensors for Early Detection of Cancer Biomarkers
- Electron-Beam Evaporation- Thin Film Deposition of Microneedle biosensors
Hybrid Organic-Inorganic Polyoxometalates (POMs)
- Synthesis of Photochromic POMs
- Synthesis of POM Redox Catalysts
- Solid-state and Solution Characterisation of POMs- Single-Crystal X-Ray diffraction, Small Angle X-Ray Scattering (SAXS), IR, 1D and 2D NMR, UV-Vis, XPS and CD Spectroscopy techniques
- Synthesis and Characterisation of Silver-Sulfonium Ylide Complexes as Antibacterial Agents
- Synthesis and Characterisation of Palladium-Sulfonium Ylide & Palladium-Phosphorus Ylide Complexes as C-C Coupling Catalysts
- 2018 – Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D., Inorganic Molecular Materials), The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- 2008 – Master of Science (M.Sc., Organometallic Chemistry), Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamadan, Iran
- 2003 – Bachelor of Science (B.Sc., Applied Chemistry), Sistan and Baluchestan University, Zahedan, Iran
Working on an industry-based project in partnership with Nutromics company to develop wearable biosensors for real-time monitoring of vancomycin.