Fiona Finn is a lecturer in the School of Media and Communication. She lectures in advertising to undergraduate students. Her research interests are in creative advertising, marketing, gender and social marketing.
Fiona Finn is the Industry Fellow in advertising in the School of Media and Communication at RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia). She is an award winning Art Director with over 20 years industry experience in advertising, design and publishing. Her Masters in progress is a critical feminist interrogation of the creative practice of femvertising. She is driving change in advertising pedagogy to incorporate a gender transformative perspective. Her pedagogy places a strong emphasis on experiential learning, enabling students to engage with complex real world problems facing the advertising industry particularly as it relates to gender representations.
Fiona is an active researcher in the field of marketing and advertising.
Areas of interest: Advertising, Marketing, Gender and Social marketing.
- Creative Advertising
- Art Direction
- Industry Practice
- Advanced Creative Advertising
- Advertising Capstone
- Bachelor Arts (Visual Communications)
- HDR Masters (in progress)
- Gurrieri, L.,Finn, F. (2023). Gender transformative advertising pedagogy: promoting gender justice through marketing education In: Journal of Marketing Management, 39, 108 - 133
- Gurrieri, L.,Cahill, H.,Finn, F.,McVey, L.,Sagheer, S. (2022). Gendered marketing and feminism In: The Routledge Companion to Marketing and Society, Routledge, London, United Kingdom
- Wake, A.,O'Halloran, K.,Finn, F.,Gurrieri, L.,French, L. (2020). ‘Australia’. In Global Alliance on Media and Gender, Bejing +25: Country Reports by GAMAG members assessing progress, gaps and opportunities on gender, media and ICTs. In: Global Alliance on Media and Gender (GAMAG) online