Dr Anthony Fryatt is Program Manager, Bachelor of Interior Design (Hons)
Anthony Fryatt is interested in the interior as a mediated situation. How it is informed, understood and affected by the complex spatial conditions that exist within media and the urban environment. Anthony has an interdisciplinary and process led practice that spans installations, set design models diagrams and image through to retail and brand environments.
Expanded Field, School of Architecture and Design.
LENS Learning & Teaching Research Network, College of Design and Social Context.
Design Specialisations Co-ordinator.
Work Integrated Learning.
Member School Workshop Management Steering Group
PhD (Interior Design), by project, Expanded Field, RMIT University.
Grad. Cert. in Tertiary Teaching & Learning, RMIT University, 2009
BA (Hons) Fine Art, Staffordshire University, 1998
Diploma Art & Design, Hertfordshire Regional College,1995
Industry Design Positions
- Executive Director, Interior Design/Interior Architecture Educators Association (IDEA)
- Senior Designer - SJB Interiors, Melbourne, 2006–2007
- Principle Designer - Virgile and Stone, Imagination, London, 2001–2005
- Designer - David Collins Design & Architecture, London, 1999–2001
- Designer - Insight Associates, Hertfordshire, 1998–99
Shortlisted for the Australian Interior Design Awards – Project: 3 Tonne ‘o’ Space – Category Installation Design, 2009
- Kemp, R.,Fryatt, A.,Whitman, P. (2020). First-Class Final Project In: IE:Studio (Issue # 5 'The First') https://interioreducators.co.uk/the-first
- Fryatt, A.,Kemp, R. (2018). Incomplete devices for interior production In: THE STORIES OF INTERIOR: Multiple Perspectives on Interiority, Depok, Indonesia , 30-31 January 2018
- Kemp, R.,Fryatt, A.,Kilpatrick, R. (2018). The Collective Network City Model In: IE:Studio (Issue #2 Making) https://interioreducators.co.uk/
- Kemp, R.,Fryatt, A.,Collins, K. (2018). Two Way Hinged In: ADR 18 ( 1st Annual Design Research Conference) Sydney, Australia
- Kemp, R.,Fryatt, A. (2014). Quick/Slow Transition In: THISNESS Melbourne, Australia
- Fryatt, A.,Kemp, R. (2013). Making Space: Display Tactics (Lab F Foxtrot) In: Tasmeen Doha Hybrid Making Doha, Qatar
- Fryatt, A.,Kemp, R. (2012). Complexity and Fullness In: IDEA 2012 Exhibition: An Interior Affair Perth, Australia
- Carlin, D.,Ritchard, P.,Rogers, C.,Kemp, R.,Fryatt, A. (2011). The Motel project: reflections on a film production/interior design collaboration In: Text, 15, 1 - 15
- Kemp, R.,Fryatt, A. (2011). The Temperature's Rising (series two). Directed by Leo Berkeley In: The Temperature's Rising (series two) Melbourne, Australia
- Kemp, R.,Fryatt, A. (2011). In the Pines. Curated by Joseph Norster In: In the Pines Melbourne, Australia
3 PhD Current Supervisions