Andy is a theoretical physicist, with a background in quantum optics, quantum information and diamond. He works closely with experimental teams worldwide.
He is a Science Theme Leader and Chief Investigator in the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics.
Including the Centre of Excellence, he is co-recipient of more than $25M in category one grant funding.
Research highlights include the discovery of a new form of quantum transport in solid-state systems, the prediction of new quantum phases of light, and co-invention of a new method of fabricating diamond nanostructures that led to creation of the thinnest layers of single crystal diamond manufactured.
- PHYS2123 – Modern Physics;
- PHYS2122 – Mechanics;
- ONPS2495 – Science Fiction, Science Fact; and
- PHYS2074 – Photonics and Nuclear Physics.
He is also the HDR coordinator for Physics.
BSc, BSc (Hons) Adel, PhD ANU, MAIP, FinstP
Andy is a member of the Australian Institute of Physics (AIP), and was Honorary Secretary to the National Executive of the AIP from 2010-2013. He was elected a Fellow of the Institute of Physics in 2012.
- Rifai, A.,Creedon, D.,Tran, N.,Hejazi, M.,Garrett, D.,Greentree, A.,Pirogova, E.,Stacey, A.,Fox, K. (2021). Highly uniform polycrystalline diamond coatings of three-dimensional structures In: Surface and Coatings Technology, 408, 1 - 6
- Jin, P.,Jeske, J.,Greentree, A.,Cole, J. (2021). Microwave quantum optics as a direct probe of the Overhauser field in a quantum dot circuit quantum electrodynamics device In: Physical Review B, 103, 1 - 5
- Fox, K.,Mani, N.,Rifai, M.,Reineck, P.,Jones, A.,Tran, P.,Ramezan Nejad, A.,Brandt, M.,Gibson, B.,Greentree, A.,Tran, N. (2020). 3D-Printed Diamond-Titanium Composite: A Hybrid Material for Implant Engineering In: ACS Applied Bio Materials, 3, 29 - 36
- Capelli, M.,Abe, H.,Ohshima, T.,Johnson, B.,Simpson, D.,Jeske, J.,Greentree, A.,Reineck, P.,Gibson, B. (2020). The effect of nitrogen concentration on quantum sensing with nitrogen-vacancy centres In: Biophotonics Australasia 2019, Melbourne, Australia, 8-12 December 2019
- Worboys, J.,Drumm, D.,Greentree, A. (2020). Quantum multilateration: Subdiffraction emitter pair localization via three spatially separate Hanbury Brown and Twiss measurements In: Physical Review A, 101, 1 - 10
- Boyd, B.,Suslov, S.,Becker, S.,Greentree, A.,Maksymov, I. (2020). Beamed UV sonoluminescence by aspherical air bubble collapse near liquid-metal microparticles In: Scientific Reports, 10, 1 - 8
- Garcia Mendoza, J.,Shrestha, M.,Ospina-Rozo, L.,Dekiwadia, C.,Field, M.,Ma, J.,Tran, N.,Dyer, A.,Fox, K.,Greentree, A. (2020). Iridescence and hydrophobicity have no clear delineation that explains flower petal micro-surface In: Scientific Reports, 10, 1 - 10
- Sato, S.,Deki, M.,Watanabe, H.,Nitta, S.,Honda, Y.,Nishimura, T.,Gibson, B.,Greentree, A.,Amano, H.,Ohshima, T. (2020). Optical properties of neodymium ions in nanoscale regions of gallium nitride In: Optical Materials Express, 10, 2614 - 2623
- Guarino, V.,Cruz-Maya, I.,Reineck, P.,Abe, H.,Ohshima, T.,Fox, K.,Greentree, A.,Gibson, B.,Ambrosio, L. (2020). Fluorescent Nanodiamonds Embedded in Poly-?-Caprolactone Fibers as Biomedical Scaffolds In: ACS Applied Nano Materials, 3, 10814 - 10822
- Bai, D.,Bai, D.,Simpson, D.,Vahid, S.,Reineck, P.,Greentree, A.,Foster, S.,Ebendorff-Heidepriem, H.,Gibson, B. (2019). Microdiamond-doped lead-silicate glass optical fibre for remote magnetometry In: Proceedings of SPIE - AOS Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (ACOFT) and Australian Conference on Optics, Lasers, and Spectroscopy (ACOLS 2019), Melbourne, Australia, 9 - 12 December 2019
- Quantum Correlation Microscopy: Progressing Nanoscopy. Funded by: United States Air Force Office of Scientific Research Grant (2014 onwards) from (2020 to 2023)
- Diamond-doped fibre optic cables for magnetic field sensing in air, water and land. Funded by: US Office of Naval Research - Global X-Challenge from (2020 to 2022)
- Quantum Diamond-based Geophysical Sensor Technology. Funded by: Rio Tinto Australia-Japan Collaboration Program from (2020 to 2022)
- National Facility for Quantum-grade Diamond (administered by University of Melbourne). Funded by: ARC LIEF via other University from (2020 to 2022)
- QT28: Hybrid diamond fibre optic quantum magneto-sensors. Funded by: Commonwealth Department of Defence Science and Technology Quantum Technologies 2018 from (2019 to 2021)
3 PhD Current Supervisions7 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions