Andy is a theoretical physicist, with a background in quantum optics, quantum information and diamond. He works closely with experimental teams worldwide.
He is a Science Theme Leader and Chief Investigator in the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics.
Including the Centre of Excellence, he is co-recipient of more than $25M in category one grant funding.
Research highlights include the discovery of a new form of quantum transport in solid-state systems, the prediction of new quantum phases of light, and co-invention of a new method of fabricating diamond nanostructures that led to creation of the thinnest layers of single crystal diamond manufactured.
- PHYS2123 – Modern Physics;
- PHYS2122 – Mechanics;
- ONPS2495 – Science Fiction, Science Fact; and
- PHYS2074 – Photonics and Nuclear Physics.
He is also the HDR coordinator for Physics.
BSc, BSc (Hons) Adel, PhD ANU, MAIP, FinstP
Andy is a member of the Australian Institute of Physics (AIP), and was Honorary Secretary to the National Executive of the AIP from 2010-2013. He was elected a Fellow of the Institute of Physics in 2012.
- Rifai, A.,Tran, N.,Lau, D.,Elbourne, A.,Zhan, H.,Stacey, A.,Mayes, E.,Sarker, A.,Ivanova, E.,Crawford, R.,Tran, P.,Gibson, B.,Greentree, A.,Pirogova, E.,Fox, K. (2018). Polycrystalline Diamond Coating of Additively Manufactured Titanium for Biomedical Applications In: ACS applied materials and interfaces, 10, 8474 - 8484
- Ruan, Y.,Simpson, D.,Jeske, J.,et al, .,Lau, D.,Greentree, A.,Gibson, B. (2018). Magnetically sensitive nanodiamond-doped tellurite glass fibers In: Scientific Reports, 8, 1 - 6
- Howard, S.,Avargues-Weber, A.,Garcia Mendoza, J.,Greentree, A.,Dyer, A. (2018). Numerical ordering of zero in honey bees In: Science, 360, 1124 - 1126
- Garcia Mendoza, J.,Hung, Y.,Greentree, A.,Rosa, M.,Endler, J.,Dyer, A. (2017). Improved color constancy in honey bees enabled by parallel visual projections from dorsal ocelli In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of United States of America, , 1 - 6
- Capelli, M.,Reineck, P.,Lau, D.,Orth, A.,Jeske, J.,Doherty, M.,Ohshima, T.,Greentree, A.,Gibson, B. (2017). Magnetic field-induced enhancement of the nitrogen-vacancy fluorescence quantum yield In: Nanoscale, 9, 9299 - 9304
- Maksymov, I.,Greentree, A. (2017). Dynamically reconfigurable plasmon resonances enabled by capillary oscillations of liquid-metal nanodroplets In: Physical Review A, 96, 1 - 6
- Heffernan, A.,Greentree, A.,Gibson, B. (2017). Nanodiamond arrays on glass for quantification and fluorescence characterisation In: Scientific Reports, 7, 1 - 8
- Javaid, M.,Drumm, D.,Russo, S.,Greentree, A. (2017). A study of size-dependent properties of MoS<inf>2</inf> monolayer nanoflakes using density-functional theory In: Scientific Reports, 7, 1 - 11
- Drumm, D.,Greentree, A. (2017). Microscopy as a statistical, Renyi-Ulam, half-lie game: a new heuristic search strategy to accelerate imaging In: Scientific Reports, 7, 1 - 13
- Daeneke, T.,Atkin, P.,Orrell-Trigg, R.,Zavabeti, S.,Ahmed, T.,Walia, S.,Liu, M.,Tachibana, Y.,Javaid, M.,Greentree, A.,Russo, S.,Kaner, R.,Kalantar Zadeh, K. (2017). Wafer-scale synthesis of semiconducting SnO monolayers from interfacial oxide layers of metallic liquid tin In: ACS Nano, 11, 10974 - 10983
- National Facility for Nanoscale Characterisation of Luminescent Materials (administered by University of Technology, Sydney). Funded by: ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) Grant 2018 from (2018 to 2018)
- Laser threshold sensing: exploiting coherence. Funded by: ARC Future Fellowships Grant 2016 from (2017 to 2020)
- Hybrid diamond-optical fibre magnetometry. Funded by: DST Competitive Evaluation Research Agreement (CERA) Program 2017 from (2017 to 2019)
- Maintaining and enhancing merit-based access to the NCI National Facility - Administered by The Australian National University. Funded by: ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) 2016 from (2016 to 2018)
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics - Administered by University of Adelaide. Funded by: ARC Centre of Excellence via other University Grant 2014 from (2014 to 2021)
3 PhD Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions