Dr. Jindan Ni is coordinator of Chinese Studies and a lecturer in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies at RMIT University.
Jindan Ni is a lecturer in Global and Language Studies at RMIT University, and has worked in the areas of Japanese classical literature, comparative literature and translation studies. She received a PhD in Comparative Literature from La Trobe University in 2017 and has published academic papers in Translation Studies, Japanese Literature and Comparative Literature. She is also an active translator who has translated books from Japanese and English to Chinese.
Jindan Ni is an accredited senior-supervisor for HDR students and her current supervision interests are Japanese and Chinese literature, comparative literature, translation studies.
- Coordinating Chinese Studies
- Coordinating and lecturing Chinese 1, Chinese 2, Chinese 3, Chinese 4 and Chinese through Drama.
- Member of Judge Panel for Chinese Bridge.
- Member of Association for Asian Studies.
- Member of Modern Language Association.
- Member of Languages and Cultures Network for Australian Universities.
- Executive Member of Australian Tertiary Chinese Teacher Association
- Research Member of Cultural Studies on The Tale of Genji, Japan.
- PhD, La Trobe University, Australia, 2018.
- MA, Beijing Foreign Studies University, China, 2010.
- Jul 2015 — Dec 2017 Sessional Teacher of Asia Institute, University of Melbourne
- Sep 2010 — Jun 2011 Lecturer of Japanese Language and Culture, Fujian Normal University, China
- Ni, J.,Qi, L. (2022). A Translational History of The Dream of the Red Chamber in Japan In: Encountering China’s Past, Springer, Singapore
- Ni, J. (2020). The feminine voice of subversion and inversion: a comparative reading of “The Story of Yingying” and The Tale of Genji In: Neohelicon, 47, 715 - 733
- Ni, J. (2020). The Tale of Genji and Its Chinese Precursors, Rowman & Littlefield, United States
- Li, L.,Gao, B.,Ni, J. (2020). The Road to Quality Chinese Language Programmes: When Students’ Cultural Learning Styles Match With Teachers’ Teaching Styles In: Electronic Journal of Foreign Language Teaching, 17, 443 - 459
- Ni, J. (2020). Enhancing Cultural Awareness via Literature in Chinese Second Language Education In: Teaching and Learning Chinese in International Context: Issues and Innovations, Shanghai Jiaotong University Press, Shanghai, China
- Ni, J. (2019). The Interlingual Translation between Premodern China and Japan: Bai Juyi's poetry and Murasaki Shikibu's The Tale of Genji In: Asia Pacific Translation and Intercultural Studies, 6, 79 - 93
- Ni, J. (2019). Rethinking Immortal Narratives of Fallen Women: A Comparative Study of The Tale of Genji and Chinese Stories in Taiping Guangji In: New Zealand Journal of Asian studies, 21, 39 - 54
2 PhD Current Supervisions