Dr Mike Reid is a Professor in RMIT's School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
- Social Marketing and behavior change: aging consumers, consumer financial welfare, health and food consumption, alcohol moderation strategies.
- Product innovation and management: consumer fanaticizing and product adoption, IT tool use and project success, open innovation and product innovation success, NPD success factor in SMEs.
- Integrated marketing communication and its influence on brand and campaign performance.
- Teaching postgraduate and undergraduate product innovation management.
- Co-supervise 6 PhD candidates in the areas of co-creation and employee motivation, absorptive capacity and innovation, family violence and money, obesogenic households, consumer fantasy and product adoption, networks and biotech commercialization.
- PhD in Commerce. Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management. Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce. Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Trade Certificate in Retail Butchery. Christchurch Polytechnic, New Zealand
Professor Reid has an active role in both industry and academic bodies. He has been appointed as track Chair for various conferences including Academy of Marketing Science conference (Social Marketing track), and Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy (Retailing strategy).
- Director. Product Development Management Association’ (Australia).
- Member ‘Product Development Management Association’ (International)
- Member European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM)
- Member of ‘Academy of Marketing Science’ (International)
- Member of ‘Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy’ (Australia/NZ)
- Thongpravati, O.,Reid, M.,Dobele, A. (2019). Unfolding market vision quality: understanding its dimensions, drivers, and before-launch performance In: Journal of Strategic Marketing, , 1 - 13
- Kutin, J.,Reid, M.,Russell, R. (2019). Special WSMC edition paper: What is this thing called money? Economic abuse in young adult relationships In: Journal of Social Marketing, 9, 111 - 128
- Klassen, K.,Borleis, E.,Brennan, L.,Reid, M.,mccaffrey, T.,Lim, M. (2018). What do people "like"? An analysis of social media strategies used by food industry brands, lifestyle brands and health promotion organizations on Facebook and Instagram In: Journal of Medical Internet Research, 20, 1 - 9
- Lombard, C.,Brennan, L.,Reid, M.,Klassen, K.,Palermo, C.,Walker, T.,Lim, M.,Dean, M.,McCaffrey, T.,Truby, H. (2018). Communicating health-Optimising young adults' engagement with health messages using social media: Study protocol In: Nutrition & Dietetics, 75, 509 - 519
- Wijayaratne, S.,Reid, M.,Westberg, K.,Worsley, A.,Mavondo, F. (2018). Food literacy, healthy eating barriers and household diet In: European Journal of Marketing, 52, 2449 - 2477
- Kopanidis, F.,Robinson, L.,Reid, M. (2017). To stay or to go? Postretirement housing choices of single baby boomer women In: Journal of Women and Aging, 29, 417 - 427
- Kutin, J.,Russell, R.,Reid, M. (2017). Economic abuse between intimate partners in Australia: Prevalence, health status, disability and financial stress In: Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 41, 269 - 274
- Luxton, S.,Reid, M.,Mavondo, F. (2017). IMC capability: antecedents and implications for brand performance In: European Journal of Marketing, 51, 421 - 444
- Burton, M.,Reid, M.,Worsley, A.,Mavondo, F. (2017). Food skills confidence and household gatekeepers' dietary practices In: Appetite, 108, 183 - 190
- Kopanidis, F.,Robinson, L.,Reid, M.,Uy, C. (2016). Can we see a difference? the influence of consumer characteristics on regular and premium store brand usage In: Rediscovering the Essentiality of Marketing, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland
4 PhD Current Supervisions7 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions