Dr Mike Reid is a Professor in RMIT's School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
- Social Marketing and behavior change: aging consumers, consumer financial welfare, health and food consumption, alcohol moderation strategies.
- Product innovation and management: consumer fanaticizing and product adoption, IT tool use and project success, open innovation and product innovation success, NPD success factor in SMEs.
- Integrated marketing communication and its influence on brand and campaign performance.
- Teaching postgraduate and undergraduate product innovation management.
- Co-supervise 6 PhD candidates in the areas of co-creation and employee motivation, absorptive capacity and innovation, family violence and money, obesogenic households, consumer fantasy and product adoption, networks and biotech commercialization.
- PhD in Commerce. Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management. Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce. Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Trade Certificate in Retail Butchery. Christchurch Polytechnic, New Zealand
Professor Reid has an active role in both industry and academic bodies. He has been appointed as track Chair for various conferences including Academy of Marketing Science conference (Social Marketing track), and Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy (Retailing strategy).
- Director. Product Development Management Association’ (Australia).
- Member ‘Product Development Management Association’ (International)
- Member European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM)
- Member of ‘Academy of Marketing Science’ (International)
- Member of ‘Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy’ (Australia/NZ)
- Thongpravati, O.,Reid, M.,Dobele, A. (2020). Unfolding market vision quality: understanding its dimensions, drivers, and before-launch performance In: Journal of Strategic Marketing, 28, 123 - 135
- Chao, C.,Reid, M.,Lai, P.,Reimers, V. (2020). Strategic recommendations for new product adoption in the Chinese market In: Journal of Strategic Marketing, 28, 176 - 188
- Molenaar, A.,Choi, T.,Brennan, L.,Reid, M.,Lim, M.,Truby, H.,McCaffrey, T. (2020). Language of Health of Young Australian Adults: A Qualitative Exploration of Perceptions of Health, Wellbeing and Health Promotion via Online Conversations In: Nutrients, 12, 1 - 18
- Brennan, L.,Klassen, K.,Weng, E.,Chin, S.,Molenaar, A.,Reid, M.,Truby, H.,mccaffrey, T. (2020). A social marketing perspective of young adults' concepts of eating for health: is it a question of morality? In: International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 17, 1 - 14
- Westberg, K.,Reid, M.,Kopanidis, F. (2020). (In Press) Age identity, stereotypes and older consumers� service experiences In: Journal of Services Marketing, , 1 - 11
- Bilby, J.,Reid, M.,Brennan, L.,Chen, J. (2020). Tiers and fears: An investigation of the impact of city tiers and uncertainty avoidance on Chinese consumer response to creative advertising In: Australasian Marketing Journal, , 1 - 17
- Barklamb, A.,Molenaar, A.,Brennan, L.,Evans, S.,Choong, J.,Herron, E.,Reid, M.,McCaffrey, T. (2020). Learning the Language of Social Media: A Comparison of Engagement Metrics and Social Media Strategies Used by Food and Nutrition-Related Social Media Accounts In: Nutrients, 12, 1 - 23
- Brennan, L.,Chin, S.,Molenaar, A.,Barklamb, A.,Lim, M.,Reid, M.,Truby, H.,Jenkins, E.,McCaffrey, T. (2020). Beyond Body Weight: Design and Validation of Psycho-Behavioural Living and Eating for Health Segments (LEHS) Profiles for Social Marketing In: Nutrients, 12, 2882 - 18
- Wijayaratne, S.,Westberg, K.,Reid, M.,Worsley, A. (2020). A qualitative study exploring the dietary gatekeeper's food literacy and barriers to healthy eating in the home environment In: Health Promotion Journal of Australia, , 1 - 9
- Kutin, J.,Reid, M.,Russell, R. (2019). Special WSMC edition paper: What is this thing called money? Economic abuse in young adult relationships In: Journal of Social Marketing, 9, 111 - 128
1 PhD Current Supervisions10 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions
- Codesigning participatory strategies with older adults to reduce perceived risk and promote digital inclusion. Funded by: Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) Grants Scheme 2016 onwards from (2020 to 2022)
- You, me and money: Financial First Aid Kit for young adults (FFAK). Funded by: Ecstra Foundation Limited from (2019 to 2020)
- Game Ready: Exploring food choices and consumption practices in the context of Community Sport. Funded by: VicHealth - Competitive from (2019 to 2021)
- Communicating health: optimizing engagement and retention using social media (Administered by The University of Queensland). Funded by: National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Project Grants 2016 from (2016 to 2021)
- Drinking-Related Lifestyles: Development and implementation of lifestyle segmentation model for problem drinking interventions through improved media and message targeting. Funded by: VicHealth Innovation Grant Pre-2014 from (2010 to 2013)