- Model Predictive Control
- System Identification
- Robust Control
- Auto-tuning of PI controllers
- Control of AC motors
- Use of subspace methods in identification and model predictive control.
- Systems and Control applications to biomedical research
- Product quality control for food processes
- Soft sensor design for product quality monitoring
- Professor in Control Theory and its applications.
- Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems.
- Teaching of Advanced Control Systems (EEET 2100).
- Teaching of Real Time Estimation and Control (EEET 2221).
- PhD (Sheffield, UK, 1989)
- April 2005 –current, Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems, RMIT University
- Jan 2007- current, Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Jan 2003-December 2006, Associate Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 2002-Dec 2002, Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 1998-Jan 2002, Senior Lecturer and Research Coordinator, Centre for Integrated Dynamics and Control, University of Newcastle
- Jan 1995-Jan 1998, Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- April 1992-Dec 1994, Research Associate, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- Australian Power Academy
- Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- McNabb, L.,Wang, L.,McGrath, B. (2021). Integrated Approach to Design and Implementation of a Single-Phase Current Regulator With Antiwindup Mechanism In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 17, 1231 - 1243
- Wang, L.,Freeman, C.,Rogers, E. (2021). (In Press) Disturbance observer-based predictive repetitive control with constraints In: International Journal of Control, , 1 - 11
- Wang, L.,Mishra, J.,Zhu, Y.,Yu, X. (2020). An Improved Sliding Mode Current Control of Induction Machine in Presence of Voltage Constraints In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 16, 1182 - 1191
- Patel, R.,Meegahapola, L.,Wang, L.,Yu, X.,McGrath, B. (2020). Automatic Generation Control of Multi-area Power System with Network Constraints and Communication Delays In: Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, 8, 454 - 463
- Zhu, Y.,Wang, L.,Mishra, J. (2020). Experimentally Validated Sliding Mode Control of Multi-rotor UAV with Control Signal Constraints In: Proceedings of the 21st IFAC World Congress (IFAC-V 2020), Germany, 11-17 July 2020
- Saeed, J.,Wang, L.,Fernando, N. (2020). Disturbance Observer based Constrained Resonant Control of SRM Integrated EV Drive in Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) Operation In: Proceedings of the 21st IFAC World Congress (IFAC 2020), Berlin, Germany, 12-17 July 2020
- Liu, Y.,Wang, L.,Brandt, M. (2019). Model predictive control of laser metal deposition In: International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 105, 1055 - 1067
- McNabb, L.,McGrath, B.,Wang, L.,Holmes, G. (2019). Integrated Anti -Windup Architecture Using a Disturbance Observer Framework for High Performance LCL Current Regulators In: 2019 10th International Conference on Power Electronics and ECCE Asia (ICPE 2019 - ECCE Asia), Busan, South Korea , 27-30 May 2019
- Saeed, J.,Niakinezhad, M.,Wang, L.,Fernando, N. (2019). An Integrated Charger with Hybrid Power Source Using PV Array for EV Application In: Proceedings of the IEEE 13th International Conference on Compatibility, Power Electronics and Power Engineering (CPE-POWERENG), Sonderborg, Denmark, 23-25 April 2019
- Saeed, J.,Niakinezhad, M.,Fernando, N.,Wang, L. (2019). Model Predictive Control of an Electric Vehicle Motor Drive Integrated Battery Charger In: Model Predictive Control of an Electric Vehicle Motor Drive Integrated Battery Charger, Sonderborg, Denmark, 23-25 April 2019
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
22 PhD Completions and 10 Masters by Research Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
Control systems including kalman filters; PID control; process optimisation system identification; robust control; model predictive control. statistical process monitoring of industrial processes; product quality control with applications to food processes.
- High-speed permanent magnet rotor post assembly magnetization and power conversion systems manufacture (G-TET). Funded by: Innovative Manufacturing CRC from (2021 to 2021)
- Donald and Tarnagulla Microgrid Feasibility Study – Area Hosting Capacity Assessment (administered by C4NET). Funded by: Regional and Remote Communities Reliability Fund - Microgrids: Competitive from (2020 to 2023)
- Power Rectification, Braking and Condition Monitoring for a High Speed Alternator System - ICG000701. Funded by: Mellin Pty Ltd trading as gTET from (2018 to 2019)
- A novel direct drive linear tube generator for ocean wave energy conversion. Funded by: 010-ARC Discovery Projects 2017 from (2017 to 2021)
- Design and Simulation of High Speed Turbo Alternator for Micro Turbine Power Generation. Funded by: MELLIN Pty Ltd trading as Green Thermal Energy Technologies and gTET - contract research from (2017 to 2020)