- Model Predictive Control
- System Identification
- Robust Control
- Auto-tuning of PI controllers
- Control of AC motors
- Use of subspace methods in identification and model predictive control.
- Systems and Control applications to biomedical research
- Product quality control for food processes
- Soft sensor design for product quality monitoring
- Professor in Control Theory and its applications.
- Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems.
- Teaching of Advanced Control Systems (EEET 2100).
- Teaching of Real Time Estimation and Control (EEET 2221).
- PhD (Sheffield, UK, 1989)
- April 2005 –current, Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems, RMIT University
- Jan 2007- current, Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Jan 2003-December 2006, Associate Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 2002-Dec 2002, Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 1998-Jan 2002, Senior Lecturer and Research Coordinator, Centre for Integrated Dynamics and Control, University of Newcastle
- Jan 1995-Jan 1998, Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- April 1992-Dec 1994, Research Associate, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- Australian Power Academy
- Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- Hoshu, A.,Wang, L.,Sattar, A.,Fisher, A. (2022). Auto-Tuning of Attitude Control System for Heterogeneous Multirotor UAS In: Remote Sensing, 14, 1 - 24
- Tran, L.,Radcliffe, P.,Wang, L. (2022). Predicting the effects of task jitter in digital control systems In: Australian Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 19, 253 - 260
- McNabb, L.,Wang, L.,McGrath, B. (2021). Integrated Approach to Design and Implementation of a Single-Phase Current Regulator With Antiwindup Mechanism In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 17, 1231 - 1243
- Tran, L.,Radcliffe, P.,Wang, L. (2021). Simulation is essential for embedded control systems with task jitter In: Design Automation for Embedded Systems, 25, 177 - 191
- Liu, Y.,Wang, L.,Brandt, M. (2021). An accurate and real-time melt pool dimension measurement method for laser direct metal deposition In: International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 114, 2421 - 2432
- Chen, X.,Lech, M.,Wang, L. (2021). A complete key management scheme for lorawan v1.1 In: Sensors, 21, 1 - 20
- Hoshu, A.,Wang, L.,Fisher, A.,Sattar, A. (2021). Cascade control for heterogeneous multirotor UAS In: International Journal of Intelligent Unmanned Systems, , -
- Saeed, J.,Wang, L.,Fernando, W. (2021). Model Predictive Control of Phase Shift Full-Bridge DC-DC Converter Using Laguerre Functions In: IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 30, 819 - 826
- Saeed, J.,Wang, L.,Fernando, N. (2020). Disturbance Observer based Constrained Resonant Control of SRM Integrated EV Drive in Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) Operation In: Proceedings of the 21st IFAC World Congress (IFAC 2020), Berlin, Germany, 12-17 July 2020
- Sattar, A.,Wang, L.,Mohamed, A.,Fisher, A. (2020). Roll Rate Controller Design of Small Fixed Wing UAV using Relay with Embedded Integrator In: Proceedings of the 2020 Australian and New Zealand Control Conference (ANZCC 2020), Gold Coast, Australia, 26-27 Nov. 2020
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
27 PhD Completions and 10 Masters by Research Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions
Control systems including kalman filters; PID control; process optimisation system identification; robust control; model predictive control. statistical process monitoring of industrial processes; product quality control with applications to food processes.
- High-speed permanent magnet rotor post assembly magnetization and power conversion systems manufacture (G-TET). Funded by: Innovative Manufacturing CRC from (2021 to 2022)
- Donald and Tarnagulla Microgrid Feasibility Study – Area Hosting Capacity Assessment (administered by C4NET). Funded by: Regional and Remote Communities Reliability Fund - Microgrids: Competitive from (2020 to 2023)
- Power Rectification, Braking and Condition Monitoring for a High Speed Alternator System - ICG000701. Funded by: Mellin Pty Ltd trading as gTET from (2018 to 2019)
- A novel direct drive linear tube generator for ocean wave energy conversion. Funded by: 010-ARC Discovery Projects 2017 from (2017 to 2022)
- Design and Simulation of High Speed Turbo Alternator for Micro Turbine Power Generation. Funded by: MELLIN Pty Ltd trading as Green Thermal Energy Technologies and gTET - contract research from (2017 to 2020)