- Model Predictive Control
- System Identification
- Robust Control
- Auto-tuning of PI controllers
- Control of AC motors
- Use of subspace methods in identification and model predictive control.
- Systems and Control applications to biomedical research
- Product quality control for food processes
- Soft sensor design for product quality monitoring
- Professor in Control Theory and its applications.
- Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems.
- Teaching of Advanced Control Systems (EEET 2100).
- Teaching of Real Time Estimation and Control (EEET 2221).
- PhD (Sheffield, UK, 1989)
- April 2005 –current, Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems, RMIT University
- Jan 2007- current, Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Jan 2003-December 2006, Associate Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 2002-Dec 2002, Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 1998-Jan 2002, Senior Lecturer and Research Coordinator, Centre for Integrated Dynamics and Control, University of Newcastle
- Jan 1995-Jan 1998, Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- April 1992-Dec 1994, Research Associate, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- Australian Power Academy
- Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- Guan, R.,Ristic, B.,Wang, L.,Moran, W.,Evans, R. (2017). Feature-based robot navigation using a Doppler-azimuth radar In: International Journal of Control, 90, 888 - 900
- Aryani, D.,Wang, L.,Patikirikorala, T. (2017). On identification of Hammerstein and Wiener model with application to virtualised software system In: International Journal of Systems Science, 48, 1146 - 1161
- Poksawat, P.,Wang, L.,Mohamed, A. (2017). (In Press) Gain scheduled attitude control of fixed-wing UAV with automatic controller tuning In: IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, , 1 - 12
- Wang, L. (2017). Automatic tuning of PID controllers using frequency sampling filters In: IET Control Theory and Applications, 11, 985 - 995
- Guan, R.,Ristic, B.,Wang, L. (2017). Combining KLD-sampling with Gmapping proposal for grid-based Monte Carlo localization of a moving robot In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Information Fusion (Fusion 2017), Xi'an, China, 10-13 July 2017
- Wang, L.,Freeman, C.,Rogers, E. (2017). Experimental Evaluation of Automatic Tuning of PID Controllers for an Electro-Mechanical System In: IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50, 3063 - 3068
- Aryani, D.,Wang, L.,Patikirikorala, T. (2017). Data-Driven Predictive Control with Nonlinear Compensation for Performance Management in Virtualized Software System In: IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50, 7795 - 7800
- Poksawat, P.,Wang, L. (2017). Automatic tuning of hexacopter attitude control systems with experimental validation In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing 2017, Sinaia, Romania, 19-21 October 2017
- Patel, R.,Li, C.,Wang, L.,McGrath, B.,Yu, X. (2017). Frequency regulation using optimal demand and governor response in a deregulated environment In: Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Conference o the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2017), Beijing, China, 29 October - 1 November 2017
- Mishra, J.,Wang, L.,Zhu, Y.,Yu, X.,Jalili, M. (2017). Cascade PI-continuous second-order sliding mode control for induction motor In: Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Conference o the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2017), Beijing, China, 29 October - 1 November 2017
- A novel direct drive linear tube generator for ocean wave energy conversion. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2017 from (2017 to 2019)
- Design and Simulation of High Speed Turbo Alternator for Micro Turbine Power Generation. Funded by: Mellin Pty Ltd trading as gTET - contract research from (2017 to 2018)
- PID Control System with Constraints: Design and Automatic Tuning using MATLAB/Simulink. Funded by: The MathWorks Australia Pty. Ltd Grant from (2016 to 2017)
- Autonomous Search Based on Sparse Cues. Funded by: Defence Science Institute Grant 2015 from (2016 to 2017)
- Autonomous Search Based on Sparse Cues (Internship: Robin Guan). Funded by: Defence Science and Technology Organisation Contract from (2016 to 2016)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
10 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions15 PhD Completions and 10 Masters by Research Completions
Control systems including kalman filters; PID control; process optimisation system identification; robust control; model predictive control. statistical process monitoring of industrial processes; product quality control with applications to food processes.