Peng Yew is a lecturer in the School of Property, Construction and Project Management of the RMIT University, Australia. Prior to his academia career Peng Yew held senior corporate positions in the USA and Asia, specialising in merger & acquisition exercise and property investment.
Peng Yew is currently conducting post graduate and undergraduate courses in the RMIT University. Peng Yew's doctoral dissertation explored the determinants of overseas investments in the Australian residential property market after the Global Financial Crisis 2008. In his dissertation the "Higgins and Peng" analytical model was developed facilitating a systematic evaluation on the offshore investments in target countries. Prior to his academia career Peng Yew held senior corporate positions in the USA and Asia, specialising in merger & acquisition exercise and property investment. Through such consultancy Peng Yew assisted international investors partaking in multi-family property investment in the USA. Employing strategic capital resource planning he assisted international investors securing property investments.
As a board member in three public listed companies in Asia, Peng Yew led the merger and acquisition exercises and formulated vital corporate restructuring in these companies, one of them is a multipurpose commercial complex revitalisation project.
- Wong, W.,Mintah, K.,Baako, K.,Wong, P. (2023). Capitalisation rates for commercial real estate investments: evidence from Australia In: Journal of Property Investment and Finance, , 1 - 17
- Wong, W.,Mintah, K.,Wong, P.,Baako, K. (2023). Australian housing markets, the COVID-19 pandemic and black swan events In: International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, , 1 - 26
- Wong, P.,Wong, W.,Baako, K.,Mintah, K. (2022). Quantitative Easing And The Australian Housing Market In: Beyond 2022: Facing tomorrow’s challenges today: The role of the built environment, Online/Sydney, 19th January, 2022
- Wong, P.,Mintah, K.,Wong, W.,Baako, K. (2022). Black Swan Events, Quantitative Easing, and the Australian Housing Market In: Australian Property Research and Education Fund Australia
- Wong, P.,Wong, W.,Mintah, K. (2020). Residential property market determinants: evidence from the 2018 Australian market downturn In: Property Management, 38, 157 - 175
- Mintah, K.,Wong, W.,Wong, P. (2020). Cross border funds as a driver of commercial property market performance: a case of Melbourne, Australia In: Proceedings of the 26th Annual Pacific Rim Real Estate Society Conference (PRRES 2020), Canberra, Australia, 19–22 January 2020
- Mintah, K.,Wong, W.,Wong, P. (2020). Cross border real estate investments and commercial office property market performance: evidence from australia In: International Real Estate Review, 23, 837 - 860
- Wong, P.,Higgins, D.,Soemarsono, C. (2018). Australian Housing Market and the Indonesian Foreign Real Estate Investment In: Proceedings of the 2018 Joint Asia-Pacific Network for Housing Research and Australasian Housing Researchers Conference (APHRN 2018), Gold Coast, Australia, 6-8 June 2018
- Wong, P.,Higgins, D.,Wakefield, R. (2017). Chinese investors investment strategies in the Australian residential property market In: Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, 23, 227 - 247
- Wong, P.,Higgins, D.,Wakefield, R. (2017). Foreign real estate investment, residential tourism and the Australian residential property market In: International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, 10, 586 - 606
- Black Swan Events, Quantitative Easing and the Australian Residential Property Market. Funded by: AUSTRALIAN PROPERTY RESEARCH AND EDUCATION FUND LIMITED Contract from (2021 to 2022)