Dr Gaoping Zheng is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance.
Dr Gaoping Zheng is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance. She joined RMIT in 2020. Before joining RMIT, she accumulated academic working experience at Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in China, at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand and Monash University in Australia. Her research interests are in the aspects of corporate finance, corporate governance, and behaviour finance. She has published academic papers in the leading finance and accounting journals, such as Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Management Accounting Research.
Accepting PhD students
- Ph. D. Accounting, Tsinghua University, China
- B.A., Accounting, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, China
- Certified Public Accountant in U.S. 2018
- Wang, X.,Xu, Y.,Zhang, L.,Zheng, G. (2022). In Press - Subsidiary Governance and Corporate Tax Planning: The Effect of Parent-Subsidiary Common Directors and Officers In: Journal of Management Accounting Research, , 1 - 37
- Xu, Y.,Xuan, Y.,Zheng, G. (2021). Internet searching and stock price crash risk: Evidence from a quasi-natural experiment In: Journal of Financial Economics, 141, 255 - 275
- Zheng, G.,Wang, S.,Xu, Y. (2018). Monetary stimulation, bank relationship and innovation: Evidence from China In: Journal of Banking and Finance, 89, 237 - 248
- Huan, L.,Zheng, G.,Dan, L. (2017). Do big customers influence listed firms’ performance? Based on supplier–customer relationships in China In: China Journal of Accounting Studies, 5, 326 - 343
- Zheng, G.,Xue, J.,Chen, X. (2014). Affiliated management and firm value: Evidence from China In: China Journal of Accounting Studies, 2, 172 - 199
- Online Communication and Stock Market Liquidity: Evidence from a Quasi-Natural Experiment. Funded by: AFAANZ Research Grants 2018 onwards from (2021 to 2022)