The online application form will be made available here when applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
You will need:
- one letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic, dated no more than 12 months ago
- one letter of recommendation from an organisation external to RMIT to support your statements regarding your community participation, dated no more than twelve months ago.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- What motivated you to choose your RMIT program? Include the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- Describe your two best academic achievements or learning experiences in your current program.
- What current challenges do you face in your studies and how will a scholarship help you to overcome this?
- Provide a semi-detailed budget of how you would spend your scholarship broken down into two years. The scholarship is flexible in how the recipient can spend the funds, however when answering the question, you may wish to include undertaking extra activities which would help your studies/future career goals. Examples of how scholarship funds may be expended include assisting with placement costs (e.g., forgoing casual work while undertaking placement, uniform costs), short courses and professional development opportunities including conferences, overseas exchange/study tour, books & study material costs, accommodation, living expenses, tuition, new laptop, etc.
- Describe your past/current involvement in community affairs (e.g., student, sport or church groups, donating blood, volunteering, etc).
- How do you plan on demonstrating leadership and initiative in your field of study and the community?
- How will a mentor eminent in your field assist with your studies?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.