The grant provides up to $5,000 as a once off payment. Items include:
- Car parking fees of up to $242 for Bundoora Campus
- Unpaid placement costs of up to $5000 e.g. uniform/equipment requirement for placement, parking/travel, employment compensation. Length of unpaid placement is a factor in determining value.
- Internet – short term assistance of up to $140
- Childcare fee assistance of up to $2,000
- Flight training costs of up to $3,000 for costs outside of standard program charges
- Mandatory textbooks for courses of up to $800
- Specific software which is mandatory for a course of up to $500 (not available via myDesktop)
- Professional development for one event only of up to $1000 for vocational, degree or postgraduate by coursework programs
Note: if you are in need of immediate assistance for an unexpected situation/costs, then please use the Student Hardship Assistance Grant. Assistance may be provided for items such as food, travel, a replacement laptop, relocating, unexpected medical costs.