The scholarship provides the following for the standard duration of program, up to a maximum of eight years:
- Tuition fees paid (up to $12,000* per year for undergraduate programs and up to $31,000* per year for postgraduate by coursework programs)
- Student Services and Amenities fees (SSAF) paid, up to $326 per annum (2023 rate)
- Financial assistance of up to $10,000 per annum for full-time enrolment or $5,000 per annum for part-time enrolment, paid fortnightly.
*Values are based on a full-time enrolment load.
Additional supports of up to $5,000 per annum may also be available, including:
- access to Aboriginal student peer networks, mentoring and alumni programs, and support from Aboriginal Elders
- tutoring and assistance with academic studies where required – this could include flexible learning options, such as online and after-hours support
- opportunities for scholars to attend relevant conferences, regional and local networks and communities of practice
- professional development and career mapping through the sector
- accommodation and placements, where required.
Note: This scholarship is regarded as taxable income if a recipient is undertaking their study at a part-time enrolment rate. We recommend that you obtain taxation advice from an accountant or the Australian Tax Office regarding scholarships.