To be eligible for an RMIT Equity Travel Grant you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be able to demonstrate circumstance/s which impact your ability to study such as:
- having a long-term medical condition or disability
- experiencing personal/family/social difficulties
- be from an interstate or rural/regional area and moving/moved to Melbourne to study at RMIT
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- be from an under-represented background such as
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- were born overseas, are from a non-English background and recently migrated to Australia
- current or former refugee
- completed secondary school at a School Network Access Program school
- be enrolling in a degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT in semester 1 2023
- meet these overseas mobility activity requirements:
- not be commencing your overseas mobility activity prior to 2023 or in 2024
- you will need to be enrolled in an overseas mobility activity course* worth a minimum of 12 credit points via Enrolment Online** in 2023
- not be in receipt of any payment/salary/allowance or other grant/scholarship as part of your mobility activity
- not have previously completed a program at the same level or higher e.g. if you are enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), you should not have previously completed another bachelor degree.
*The course is required to be a 100 percent overseas mobility activity. For example, an overseas internship/placement that makes up 25 percent of the course requirement with the other 75 percent conducted in Australia is ineligible for an RMIT Equity Travel Grant.
**Overseas study where you will receive credit exemptions upon your return are ineligible. You must be enrolled in the mobility activity via Enrolment Online.