RMIT is a Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) eligible provider.
Under the SSVF RMIT must assess whether:
- your main purpose of coming to Australia on a student visa is to study
- you have the required English proficiency
- you accept responsibility for obtaining your student visa and that you will comply with the conditions of your student visa
- you have genuine access to sufficient funds to cover your tuition costs, health insurance, return airfares and living expenses for yourself and any dependents
- you have a genuine understanding of your intended program and its structure, the total cost of your tuition and living expenses in Australia and that you are able to talk about the advantages of studying in Australia compared to your home country and how this investment will benefit your future.
To help us make our assessment we may ask you for extra documents. For example, we may ask you to submit a Statement of Purpose which provides us with all of the information we need to assess your application under RMIT’s SSVF guidelines.
If we require extra documents we will notify you.