Student visas

No matter what type of program you are studying at RMIT, you will need a visa issued by the Australian Government.

Check the requirements for getting and keeping your visa.

Apply for a visa

​To study in Australia as an international student, you will need a visa issued by the Australian Government.

Confirmation of Enrolment

You will need a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to apply for your student visa.

Health cover requirements

All international students holding an Australian student visa are required to maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) with an approved OSHC provider.

Streamlined Student Visa Framework

RMIT is a Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) eligible provider.

Students under 18 years of age

Welfare requirements for international students under 18 years of age.

Visa conditions

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid student visa at all times. Breaking visa conditions may lead to cancellation of your visa.​

Work while studying

Working while you study in Australia is a great opportunity to earn money, improve your English, gain skills and meet new people, but conditions and restrictions apply.​

Explore more

Flag Image One Flag Image Two

Acknowledgement of country

RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nations on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business.

More information