RMIT houses the Integrated Victorian X-Ray Structural Determination and Materials Characterisation Facility
The facility provides X-Ray services to researchers both within RMIT and externally.
The RMIT X-Ray facility is involved in a number of collaborative research projects in a variety of areas and actively encourages such collaborations. Anyone wishing to collaborate in research ventures should contact the academic director for more information.
The facility is located in Building 3, Level 3, Room 6.
Operating times are 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- Bruker Axs D8 ADVANCE Wide Angle X-Ray Diffraction instrument
- Bruker Axs NanoStar Small Angle X-ray Scattering instrument
- Bruker Axs D8 Discover with GADDS Micro x-ray diffraction instrument
- Bruker Axs S4 Pioneer : X-ray fluorescence instrument
- Bruker Axs D4 Endeavor Wide angle XRD .instrument
- Bruker Axs Apex Duo Single crystal XRD instrument
Phase identification (no need for sample grinding)
- Stress measurements
- Percent crystallinity
- Texture measurements
Non destructive mineral identification is possible with our new GADDS system.
Training is provided for regular users, please contact Mr Frank Antolasic, if you require training.
Regular uses will be instructed as to how to make bookings. If you are not a regular user and wish to make a booking please contact the Facility Manager
- Professor Suresh Bhargava - Academic Director
- Frank Antolasic - Facility Manager / Professional Officer
Professor Suresh Bhargava - Academic Director