RMIT boasts a multimillion dollar Food Innovation and Research Centre, enabling our experts to collaborate with business leaders in the food industry to tackle complex problems.
This world-class facility helps large and small Australian businesses to develop and market innovative, high value products for the global marketplace.
Importantly, the centre provides teaching and research training with the latest technologies, as well as hands-on experience in product development, food safety, quality assurance, nutrition and industry placements.
Specialised laboratories and facilities include the following:
- food pilot plant
- product development laboratory
- computerised sensory and consumer testing suite
- food and nutrition research laboratory
- food analysis and characterisation laboratory microbiology laboratory
- temperature controlled rooms
- dry goods storage
- dry and wet preparation areas