Dr. M. Tariq Nazir is a Fulbright Fellow and RMIT Vice Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow.
- High Voltage Systems – Electrical power generation, measurement, and testing, condition monitoring and insulation analysis of transmission lines, cables, generators, motors, transformers, switchgear, power electronic circuits, plasmas, and electrical discharges.
- Emerging Technologies in Electrical Systems – Modern condition monitoring techniques of electrical and electronic equipment, partial discharge detection, dielectric loss, dielectric spectroscopy, discharge characteristics, nanodielectrics, insulation breakdown, dielectric failure mechanism, overhead insulators’ pollution performance, overhead power lines under catastrophic bushfires and pole top fires, dielectric properties, Finite Element Method (FEM) simulation modelling and application of machine learning in condition monitoring.
- Power Systems – Electromagnetic transients in power systems, lightning, grid connection, load flow analysis, short circuit analysis, dynamic stability analysis (EMT & RMS), harmonic analysis, ANSYS Maxwell, COMSOL, PSSE, PSCAD and/or Powerfactory.
- Pulsed power, Inverter fed motors for electrical drives, power electronics packaging materials, thermal management and design, thermal test plan for packaging materials, energy storage materials’ synthesis, characterization, and optimization.
- Energy storage materials, Piezoelectrical materials, Composites materials, Fire retardant materials, Nanodielectrics, Nanofluids, Polymers and Plastics, Heat and Mass transfer.
- Sept.2014–May.2018 || Ph.D. Electrical Engineering || UNSW Sydney
- Sept.2010-June.2012 || MEng. Electrical Engineering || Chongqing University || Chongqing, China
- Oct.2005-Aug.2009 || BSc. Electrical Engineering || University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
Academic Teaching Qualification
- Nov. 2020 || Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) || Advance HE, UK
- Aug. 2020 || UNSW Engineering Course Design Institute (CDI) || UNSW Sydney
- Sept. 2019-Nov. 2019 || Foundations of University Learning and Teaching (FULT) || UNSW Sydney
- April 2022 to date || RMIT University Melbourne || Fulbright Fellow and RMIT Vice Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow
- 01 September 2021 till 30 December 2021 || UNSW Sydney || Adjunct Lecturer
- 20 September 2018 – to date || UNSW Sydney || Postdoctoral Fellow
Dr Nazir has worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW on multidisciplinary projects under Cooperative Research Centres Projects (CRC-P) Grants which support industry-led collaborations to develop important new technologies, products and services for commercialization. He was a part of UNSW’s research team working on CRC- Projects of Flame Security International to develop durable flame-retardant materials for use in the power industry, construction materials and defence.
- 1 July 2018 till 30 December 2018 & 15 September 2019 till 30 December 2019 || UNSW Sydney || Adjunct Lecturer
- 1 May 2018 – 30 July 2018 || UNSW Sydney || Postdoctoral Writing Fellow
- 15 March 2015 – 15 March 2018 || UNSW Sydney || Academic Staff (Casual)/ Head Lab. Demonstrator
- 15 September 2016 – 15 November 2016 & 5 May 2017 – 5 July 2017 || Xi’an Jiaotong University, China || Visiting Research Fellow
- Yang, F.,Zhou, K.,Akram, S.,Nazir, T. (2022). Improving the polarisation and depolarisation current measuring method to avoid ground wire interference In: High Voltage, , 1 - 9
- Roy, S.,Chatterjee, S.,Roy, S.,Bamane, P.,Paramane, A.,Rao, U.,Nazir, M. (2022). Accurate Detection of Bearing Faults Using Difference Visibility Graph and Bi-directional Long Short-term Memory Network Classifier In: IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, , 1 - 10
- Nazir, M.,Khalid, A.,Wang, C.,Baena, J.,Kabir, I.,Akram, S.,Paramane, A.,Haq, I.,Phung, T.,Yeoh, G. (2022). Synergistic effect of additives on electrical resistivity, fire and smoke suppression of silicone rubber for high voltage insulation In: Composites Communications, 29, 1 - 7
- Nazir, M.,Butt, F.,Hussain, H.,Phung, B.,Akram, S.,Bhutta, M.,Yasin, G. (2022). Physical, thermal and partial discharge evaluation of nano alumina filled silicone rubber in inclined plane test In: CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems, 8, 1242 - 1249
- Bhutta, M.,Xuebang, T.,Akram, S.,Yidong, C.,Ren, X.,Fasehullah, M.,Rasool, G.,Nazir, M. (2022). Development of novel hybrid 2D-3D graphene oxide diamond micro composite polyimide films to ameliorate electrical & thermal conduction In: Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 114, 108 - 114
- Nazir, M.,Baena, J.,Li, Y.,Wong, K. L., et al, . (2022). Evaluate the effect of graphene and milled glass fibre on the thermal, flame and dielectric properties of silicone elastomer filled with aluminium hydroxide In: Composites Communications, 34, 101276 - 6
- Akram, S.,Castellon, J.,Agnel, S.,Zhou, K.,Habas, J.,Nazir, M. (2021). Multilayer polyimide nanocomposite films synthesis process optimization impact on nanoparticles dispersion and their dielectric performance In: Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 138, 1 - 15
- Kabir, I.,Sorrell, C.,Mofarah, S.,Yang, W.,Yuen, A.,Nazir, M.,Yeoh, G. (2021). Alginate/Polymer-Based Materials for Fire Retardancy: Synthesis, Structure, Properties, and Applications In: Polymer Reviews, 61, 357 - 414
- Tabish, M.,Malik, M.,Khan, M.,Yasin, G.,Asif, H.,Anjum, M.,Khan, W.,Ibraheem, S.,Nguyen, T.,Slimani, Y.,Nazir, M. (2021). Construction of NiCo/graphene nanocomposite coating with bulges-like morphology for enhanced mechanical properties and corrosion resistance performance In: Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 867, 1 - 9
- Javed, M.,Khan, A.,Hanif, M.,Nazir, M.,Liu, Z., et al, . (2021). Engineering the performance of negative electrode for supercapacitor by polyaniline coated Fe3O4 nanoparticles enables high stability up to 25,000 cycles In: International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 46, 9976 - 9987