Dr. M. Tariq Nazir is a Fulbright Fellow and RMIT Vice Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow.
- High Voltage Systems – Electrical power generation, measurement, and testing, condition monitoring and insulation analysis of transmission lines, cables, generators, motors, transformers, switchgear, power electronic circuits, plasmas, and electrical discharges.
- Emerging Technologies in Electrical Systems – Modern condition monitoring techniques of electrical and electronic equipment, partial discharge detection, dielectric loss, dielectric spectroscopy, discharge characteristics, nanodielectrics, insulation breakdown, dielectric failure mechanism, overhead insulators’ pollution performance, overhead power lines under catastrophic bushfires and pole top fires, dielectric properties, Finite Element Method (FEM) simulation modelling and application of machine learning in condition monitoring.
- Power Systems – Electromagnetic transients in power systems, lightning, grid connection, load flow analysis, short circuit analysis, dynamic stability analysis (EMT & RMS), harmonic analysis, ANSYS Maxwell, COMSOL, PSSE, PSCAD and/or Powerfactory.
- Pulsed power, Inverter fed motors for electrical drives, power electronics packaging materials, thermal management and design, thermal test plan for packaging materials, energy storage materials’ synthesis, characterization, and optimization.
- Energy storage materials, Piezoelectrical materials, Composites materials, Fire retardant materials, Nanodielectrics, Nanofluids, Polymers and Plastics, Heat and Mass transfer.
- Sept.2014–May.2018 || Ph.D. Electrical Engineering || UNSW Sydney
- Sept.2010-June.2012 || MEng. Electrical Engineering || Chongqing University || Chongqing, China
- Oct.2005-Aug.2009 || BSc. Electrical Engineering || University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
Academic Teaching Qualification
- Nov. 2020 || Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) || Advance HE, UK
- Aug. 2020 || UNSW Engineering Course Design Institute (CDI) || UNSW Sydney
- Sept. 2019-Nov. 2019 || Foundations of University Learning and Teaching (FULT) || UNSW Sydney
- April 2022 to date || RMIT University Melbourne || Fulbright Fellow and RMIT Vice Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow
- 01 September 2021 till 30 December 2021 || UNSW Sydney || Adjunct Lecturer
- 20 September 2018 – to date || UNSW Sydney || Postdoctoral Fellow
Dr Nazir has worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW on multidisciplinary projects under Cooperative Research Centres Projects (CRC-P) Grants which support industry-led collaborations to develop important new technologies, products and services for commercialization. He was a part of UNSW’s research team working on CRC- Projects of Flame Security International to develop durable flame-retardant materials for use in the power industry, construction materials and defence.
- 1 July 2018 till 30 December 2018 & 15 September 2019 till 30 December 2019 || UNSW Sydney || Adjunct Lecturer
- 1 May 2018 – 30 July 2018 || UNSW Sydney || Postdoctoral Writing Fellow
- 15 March 2015 – 15 March 2018 || UNSW Sydney || Academic Staff (Casual)/ Head Lab. Demonstrator
- 15 September 2016 – 15 November 2016 & 5 May 2017 – 5 July 2017 || Xi’an Jiaotong University, China || Visiting Research Fellow
- Okai Amu-Darko, J.,Hussain, S.,Zhang, X.,Alothman, A.,Ouladsmane, M.,Nazir, M.,Qiao, G.,Liu, G. (2023). Metal-organic frameworks-derived In2O3/ZnO porous hollow nanocages for highly sensitive H2S gas sensor In: Chemosphere, 314, 1 - 9
- Nazir, M.,Khalid, A.,Wang, C.,Yeoh, G.,Phung, B.,Akram, S.,Wong, A. (2023). Flame resistive silicone elastomeric powder-based coatings with excellent localized dielectric breakdown strength, loss tangent and thermal stability for electrical insulation In: Powder Technology, 416, 1 - 5
- Paramane, A.,Chandrasekaran, T.,Nazir, M. (2023). A Review on Insulation and Dielectrics for High Temperature Superconducting Cables for Power Distribution: Progress, Challenges, and Prospects In: IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, , 1 - 31
- Kabir, I.,Baena, J.,Wang, W.,Wang, C.,Nazir, M. T., et al, . (2023). Optimisation of Additives to Maximise Performance of Expandable Graphite-Based Intumescent-Flame-Retardant Polyurethane Composites In: Molecules, 28, 1 - 15
- Baena, J.,Wang, C.,Kabir, I.,Khalid, A.,Nazir, M.,Yuen, A.,Ahmad, F.,Yeoh, G. (2023). Fire behaviour of waterborne intumescent coatings on timber substrate for bushfire exposure In: Fire Safety Journal, 140, 1 - 10
- Ajmal, S.,Kumar, A.,Tabish, M.,Nazir, M. T., et al, . (2023). Modulating the microenvironment of single atom catalysts with tailored activity to benchmark the CO2 reduction In: Materials Today, , 1 - 26
- Nazir, M. (2023). Thermal Ageing Characteristics of Silicone Rubber Exposed to Mineral Oil In: IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, , 1 - 10
- Vangapandu, D.,Paul, M.,Mishra, P.,Sarathi, R.,Paraman, A.,Nazir, M. (2023). Performance Evaluation of Thermally-aged RTV Silicone Rubber/TiO2 Nanocomposites in Mineral Oil for Transformer Bushings In: IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, 30, 1 - 9
- Ullah, I.,Akbar, M.,Nazir, M. (2023). Characteristics stability assessment of silica/alumina trihydrate based silicone elastomer composites subjected to long-term weathering under bipolar direct current for industrial electrical insulation In: Industrial Crops and Products, 203, 1 - 10
- Haq, I.,Wang, F.,Akram, S.,Ahmed, M.,Nazir, M. (2023). Significantly enhanced flashover voltage of epoxy in vacuum by graded surface roughness modification In: High Voltage, , 1 - 14