Dr. Jean Pierre Ndabakuranye is an expert in biomedical optics. He is keen to utilise his technical expertise and develop new ways to improve human lives through point-of-care sensing and diagnostics.
JP received his MRes in Electronics Engineering from Hallym University (South Korea) and a PhD in the fields of Optical, Electrical and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Melbourne (Australia). His research focuses on biomedical engineering (at large), electrical circuits and systems, semiconductor technology, optical and electrochemical sensing, photochemistry, medical microdevices, and data and energy telemetry.
He has collaborated with researchers from around the world and has published multiple papers in multiple areas. He has held several (sessional) academic positions at the University of Melbourne and RMIT University since 2017.
- MRes. in Electronics Engineering - Hallym University, South Korea (2016)
- Ph.D. in Optical, Electrical and Biomedical Engineering - the University of Melbourne, Australia (2023)
- Ndabakuranye, J.,Prawer, S.,Ahnood, A. (2023). Bi-modal system-on-chip platform for bilirubin monitoring by using photometric and temporal degradation approaches In: Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 85, 1 - 7
- Ndabakuranye, J.,Rajapaksa, A.,Burchall, G.,Li, S.,Prawer, S.,Ahnood, A. (2022). A novel optical assay system for bilirubin concentration measurement in whole blood In: IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 69, 983 - 990
- Ndabakuranye, J.,Prawer, S.,Ahnood, A. (2022). A System-On-Chip Assay for Bilirubin Levels Measurement in Whole Blood Using Photodegradation Kinetics In: Proceedings of the 2022 IEEE Healthcare Innovations and Point of Care Technologies (HI-POCT 2022), Houston, Texas, United States, 10-11 March 2022
- Ndabakuranye, J.,Li, S.,Burchall, G.,Fox, K.,Piva, T.,Xu, Z.,Kavehei, O.,Prawer, S.,Ahnood, A. (2022). 70 years of bilirubin sensing: towards the point-of-care bilirubin monitoring in cirrhosis and hyperbilirubinemia In: Sensors & Diagnostics, 1, 932 - 954
- Ndabakuranye, J.,Nadarajah, A.,Niyitanga, T.,Prawer, S.,Ahnood, A. (2022). Photodegradation kinetics for bilirubin sensing: New solutions for old problems In: Biosensors and Bioelectronics: X, 12, 1 - 8
- Ndabakuranye, J.,Prawer, S.,Ahnood, A. (2021). A System-on-Chip Assay for Bilirubin Levels Measurement in Whole Blood In: Engineering Proceedings, 10, 1 - 4
- Ahnood, A.,Ndabakuranye, J.,Li, S.,Kavehei, O.,Prawer, S. (2020). Miniature power and data transceiver based on multimodal operation of a single photovoltaic device In: Engineering Research Express, 2, 1 - 9
- Ahnood, A.,Belcourt, J.,Ndabakuranye, J.,Prawer, S., et al, . (2020). Laser Driven Miniature Diamond Implant for Wireless Retinal Prostheses In: Advanced Biosystems, 4, 1 - 14