Dr Michael Nyblom
My research interests are in the areas of Discrete Combinatorial Mathematics, Number Theory and Analysis. I have a particular interest in the application of number sequences, and problems of enumeration in the area Computer Science.
My research activities include, individual and joint research, conference talks, problem solving and research publications.
My individual research stretches over a number of allied areas which can best be described as Concrete Mathematics, that is Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics.
Most recently I have been involved with the use of algorithms for the searching of solutions to Diophantine Equations.
Course coordinator and lecturer for the following two large service engineering mathematics subjects.
- MATH2161 Mathematics for ECE
- MATH2118 Further Engineering Mathematics C
- MATH2118 Summer Course
- Bachelor Applied Science, RMIT University, (1993)
- Ph.D., RMIT University, (1999)
- Nyblom, M. (2022). A Closed Form for Representing Integers as Sums and Differences of Cubes In: Journal of Integer Sequences, 25, 1 - 9
- Nyblom, M. (2020). Integer Part of the Partial Sums for the Divergent p-Series in Closed Form In: American Mathematical Monthly, 127, 554 - 557
- Nyblom, M. (2020). Counting all unfolded self-avoiding walks on a finite lattice strip of width three In: Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 50, 2179 - 2197
- Nyblom, M. (2018). Counting all self-avoiding walks on a finite lattice strip of width one and two In: Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 48, 573 - 605
- Nyblom, M. (2017). Counting all self-avoiding walks on a finite lattice strip of width one In: JP Journal of Algebra, Number Theory and Applications, 39, 875 - 882
- Nyblom, M. (2016). A weak first digit law for a class of sequences In: International Mathematical Forum, 11, 697 - 702
- Nyblom, M. (2015). Summing the shortest path lengths in a rectangular lattice via recursion In: JP Journal of Algebra, Number Theory and Applications, 37, 249 - 259
- Nyblom, M. (2014). On the Average Path Length of Complete m-ary Trees In: Journal of Integer Sequences, 17, 1 - 7
- Nyblom, M. (2014). Revisiting Euler's theorem on odd perfect numbers In: Mathematical Spectrum, 46, 122 - 124
- Horadam, K.,Nyblom, M. (2014). Distances between sets based on set commonality In: Discrete Applied Mathematics, 167, 310 - 314