Dr Matthew Walker is a Lecturer in the Department of HRM & IR in the School of Management. His research engages with the impact and opportunities afforded by technological change for Human Resource Management (HRM) and Employment Relations (ER).
Dr Walker coordinates the subjects Employment Relations and Negotiation & Conflict Resolution. He is a member of the College of Business and Law Human Ethics Advisory Network (BLCHEAN).
- PhD, Monash University
- BA (Hons, first class), Monash University
- Bartram, T.,Cavanagh, J.,Stanton, P.,Walker, M.,Pariona-Cabrera, P.,Halvorsen, B. (2023). In press - Medical science an undervalued profession: Strengthening professional identity through union strategy In: Journal of Industrial Relations, , 1 - 22
- Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T.,Walker, M.,Pariona-Cabrera, P.,Halvorsen, B. (2022). Health services in Australia and the impact of antiquated rostering practices on medical scientists: a case for HR analytics and evidenced-based human resource management In: Personnel Review, , 1 - 16
- Walker, M.,Fan, X.,Huang, X.,Bartram, T. (2022). The role of Australian local government in economic development: Building international engagement capacity In: Australian Journal of Public Administration, , 1 - 21
- Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T.,Pariona-Cabrera, P.,Halvorsen, B.,Walker, M.,Stanton, P. (2021). Management practices impacting on the rostering of medical scientists in the Australian healthcare sector In: Journal of Health Organization and Management, 36, 149 - 163
- Cooper, V.,Fairbrother, P.,Elliott, G.,Walker, M.,Ch'ng, H. (2020). Shared Responsibility and Community Engagement: Community Narratives of Bushfire Risk Information in Victoria, Australia In: Journal of Rural Studies, 80, 259 - 272
- Fan, S.,Huang, C.,Walker, M.,Bartram, T. (2019). Australia-China Sister Cities: Seizing Opportunities Together In: Australia China Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Melbourne, Australia
- Fairbrother, P.,Walker, M.,Phillips, R. (2018). Unions and regional governance: the case of North West Tasmania, Australia In: Regional Studies, 52, 1502 - 1511
- Bartram, T.,Stanton, P.,Cavanagh, J.,Halvorsen, B.,Walker, M. (2018). Report of Rostering Practices in Pathology Services across four Victorian Public Health Services In: Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Medical Scientists Association of Victoria (MSAV), Victorian Hospitals Industrial Association (VHIA) Melbourne, Australia
- Phillips, R.,Cook, A.,Schauble, H.,Walker, M. (2016). Can agencies promote bushfire resilience using art-based community engagement? In: Australian Journal of Emergency Management, 31, 51 - 55
- Walker, M.,Fairbrother, P. (2015). Labour Market Profile: North West Tasmania, Australia In: ARC Discovery Project DP140102389 Melbourne, Australia
- Australia-Japan local government collaboration: building sustainable and resilient communities. Funded by: Australia-Japan Foundation (AJF) Grant 2018 onwards from (2021 to 2023)
- Sister-City Partnerships: Building Australia-China Economic, Cultural and Educational Exchange. Funded by: Australia-China Council 2018 from (2018 to 2019)