Dr Matthew Walker is a Lecturer in the Department of HRM & IR in the School of Management. He specialises in employment relations, local/regional governance and economies, and socio-demographic change. His research engages with government, industry, unions, and communities to explore evolving issues around industrial relations, economic development, and labour markets.
Dr Walker coordinates the subjects Employment Relations and Negotiation & Conflict Resolution. He is a committee member of the College of Business and Law Human Ethics Advisory Network (BLCHEAN).
- PhD, Monash University
- BA (Hons, first class), Monash University
- Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T.,Pariona-Cabrera, P.,Halvorsen, B.,Walker, M.,Stanton, P. (2021). Management practices impacting on the rostering of medical scientists in the Australian healthcare sector In: Journal of Health Organization and Management, , 1 - 15
- Cooper, V.,Fairbrother, P.,Elliott, G.,Walker, M.,Ch'ng, H. (2020). Shared Responsibility and Community Engagement: Community Narratives of Bushfire Risk Information in Victoria, Australia In: Journal of Rural Studies, 80, 259 - 272
- Fan, S.,Huang, C.,Walker, M.,Bartram, T. (2019). Australia-China Sister Cities: Seizing Opportunities Together In: Australia China Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Melbourne, Australia
- Fairbrother, P.,Walker, M.,Phillips, R. (2018). Unions and regional governance: the case of North West Tasmania, Australia In: Regional Studies, 52, 1502 - 1511
- Bartram, T.,Stanton, P.,Cavanagh, J.,Halvorsen, B.,Walker, M. (2018). Report of Rostering Practices in Pathology Services across four Victorian Public Health Services In: Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Medical Scientists Association of Victoria (MSAV), Victorian Hospitals Industrial Association (VHIA) Melbourne, Australia
- Phillips, R.,Cook, A.,Schauble, H.,Walker, M. (2016). Can agencies promote bushfire resilience using art-based community engagement? In: Australian Journal of Emergency Management, 31, 51 - 55
- Walker, M.,Fairbrother, P.,Prokopiv, V. (2015). Labour Market Profile: Latrobe Valley Region, Gippsland, Victoria In: Gippsland Trades and Labour Council Inc Melbourne Australia
- Walker, M.,Fairbrother, P. (2015). Labour Market Profile: North West Tasmania, Australia In: ARC Discovery Project DP140102389 Melbourne, Australia
- Walker, M.,Fairbrother, P.,Elliott, G. (2013). Developing and Evaluating Effective Bushfire Communication Pathways, Procedures and Products Report Six - Multiple Hazards Emergency Information: End-User Focus Groups In: Country Fire Authority Victoria Melbourne, Australia
- Walker, M.,Staples, W.,Fairbrother, P. (2013). Public Services: Inter-Agency Risk In: Victorian Managed Insurance Authority Melbourne, Australia
- Australia-Japan local government collaboration: building sustainable and resilient communities. Funded by: Australia-Japan Foundation (AJF) Grant 2018 onwards from (2021 to 2023)
- Sister-City Partnerships: Building Australia-China Economic, Cultural and Educational Exchange. Funded by: Australia-China Council 2018 from (2018 to 2019)