Dr. Timothy Wiley has a passion for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
Timothy's expertise in is applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to autonomous robotics. His research interests include online learning (learning on-board autonomous robot in real-time as they operates), Human-Robot Interaction (methods for improving the relationship and trust between humans and robots intended to work with humans), Qualitative Modelling and Reasoning (symbolic representations of robot numeric dynamics, and application of these models for determining robot dynamics)
He is a lecturer in Computer Science & Software Engineering. He is the 1st year co-ordinator for the Bachelor of IT program.
Timothy heads the RMIT RoboCup Soccer Standard Platform League team, and serves on the Technical Committee for the league.
He teaches in robotics, machine learning, and a variety of software development courses.
- PhD (Computer Science), The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 2017
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science), Honours First Class, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 2010
- Trofimova, A.,Wiley, T.,Pagnucco, M.,Velonaki, M. (2019). Exploring Human Machine-Mediated Interaction for Applications in Social HRI In: Proceedings of the 31st Australian Conference on Human-Computer-Interaction (OZCHI 2019), Fremantle, Australia , 2-5 December 2019
- Wiley, T.,Bratko, I.,Sammut, C. (2018). A Machine Learning System for Controlling a Rescue Robot In: RoboCup 2017: Robot World Cup XXI, Nagoya, Japan, 31/07/2017
- Wiley, T.,Sammut, C.,Hengst, B.,Bratko, I. (2016). A Planning and Learning Hierarchy using Qualitative Reasoning for the On-Line Acquisition of Robotic Behaviors In: Advances in Cognitive Systems, 4, 93 - 111
- Wiley, T.,Sammut, C.,Hengst, B.,Bratko, I. (2015). A Multi-Strategy Architecture for On-Line Learning of Robotic Behaviours using Qualitative Reasoning In: Proceedings of the Third Annual Conference on Advances in Cognitive Systems, Atlanta, USA, May 28-31, 2015
- Wiley, T.,Sammut, C.,Bratko, I. (2014). Qualitative simulation with answer set programming In: Proceedings of the 21st European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Prague, Czech Republic, 18-24 August, 2014
- Wiley, T.,Sammut, C.,Bratko, I. (2014). Qualitative planning with quantitative constraints for online learning of robotic behaviours In: Proceedings of the 28th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Québec, Canada, 27-31 July, 2014