- Each file should be no more than 10 MB. Larger files may time out while uploading and be corrupted.
- File sharing websites such as Drop Box or Google are not recommended as access can be a problem.
- If you are providing videos, we recommend you upload them to a site like YouTube or Vimeo and provide us with the link.
If you are having problems uploading your documents to the online admissions system, please contact us via the online admissions system.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts from all qualifications undertaken (must list subjects undertaken and grades achieved on official paper/letterhead of the institution)
- Certified copies of all graduation certificates in both original language and in English - official award stating the full title of qualification, date of completion and name of graduate on official paper/letterhead of the institution
- Evidence of English language level (where necessary) - English language proficiency test scores. View a list of accepted English language proficiency tests.
Other attachments (if applicable)
- Copy of your passport if available
- English translations of all documents
- Syllabus (if applying for credit)
- Resumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Personal statement
- References from employers
- Letter from scholarship provider
- Folio (check program entry requirements for details).
- Pre-selection Kit (check program entry requirements for details)
- Research proposal with two research supervisors names and list of prior research publications (for Master by research and PhD program applications only)
- Notarised Documents may be required for some students applying from China (we will advise you after we receive your application if we require notarised copies of any documents)
What are Certified documents?
A certified copy is one that has been verified to be a true copy by a witness after they have sighted the original. The person certifying the photocopy must sight the original document and include the following details on all pages that contain information:
- stamp or write, 'This is a true copy of the document sighted by me'
- sign, date and provide contact details (name, address and telephone number)
- the official stamp or seal of their organisation or their profession and organisation name.
What is an “original certified copy”?
If you have applied without an agent, you may be asked to mail an “original certified copy” of your documents. This means your original documents and their photocopies need to be taken to an authorised person, and have them stamp your photocopies. You must send the photocopies with the original stamp.
You also have the option to send the original documents instead of certified copies with original stamps. However, if you choose this option, we are unable to return the original documents. This would be a good option if you have multiple original documents.
Who can certify my documents
RMIT will accept photocopies certified by anyone who is currently employed as:
- a registered RMIT representative
- an authorised officer from the institution that originally issued the documents
- an Australian Justice of the Peace
- an Australian overseas diplomatic mission or any Australian Education International
- an Australian accountant (they must be a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants, or the National Institute of Accountants, or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents).
- an Australian bank manager, but not a manager of a bank travel centre
- an Australian barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
- an Australian credit union branch manager
- an Australian commissioner for declarations
- an Australian medical practitioner (doctor)
- an Australian police officer in charge of a police station, or of the rank of sergeant and above
- an Australian postal manager
- an Australian pharmacist
- an Australian principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school.
Notarised Documents may be required for some students applying from China. We will advise you after we receive your application if we require notarised copies of any documents.