Intelligent Informatics and Control (I2C) is a group of highly performing researchers interested in intelligent data-driven modelling, control and optimisation and their applications.
Key research areas
- Control and automation
- Intelligent systems
- Complex systems
- Intelligent informatics
- Energy systems
Key research projects
Australian Research Council Discovery Projects:
- Dynamics and Resilience of Complex Network Systems with Switching Topology — DP200101199
- Switching Dynamics Approach for Distributed Global Optimisation — DP200101197
- Engineering evolving complex network systems through structure intervention — DP170102303
- A direct drive linear tube generator for ocean wave energy conversion — DP170101039
- Advanced inverter control for distributed energy systems — DP180103200
Australian Research Council Linkage Project:
- Dynamic Deep Learning for Electricity Demand Forecasting — LP180101309
- G. Wen, X. Yu, W. Yu, and J. Lu, “Coordination and control of complex network systems with switching topologies: A survey,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, DOI: 10.1109/TSMC.2019.2961753, January 2020.
- L. Chen, X. Yu, X. Xin, and C. Sun, “Characteristic model-based control approach for complex network systems,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, DOI: 10.1109/TSMC.2019.2931309, August 2019.
- N Gaeini, AM Amani, M Jalili, X Yu, Optimization of Communication Network Topology in Distributed Control Systems Subject to Prescribed Decay Rate, IEEE transactions on cybernetics, 2019.
- H Zare, M Hajiabadi, M Jalili, Detection of Community Structures in Networks with Nodal Features based on Generative Probabilistic Approach IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2019.
- F Rezaeimehr, P Moradi, S Ahmadian, NN Qader, M Jalili, TCARS: time-and community-aware recommendation system Future Generation Computer Systems 78, 419-429, 2018.
- R. Patel, C. Li, L. Meegahapola, B. McGrath, X. Yu, “Enhancing Optimal Automatic Generation Control in a Multi-Area Power System with Diverse Energy Resources,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 3465 – 3475, Sept. 2019.
- R. Patel, L. Meegahapola, L. Wang, X. Yu, B. McGrath, “Automatic Generation Control of a Multi-Area Power System with Network Constraints and Communication Delay,” Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, 2020.
- Mishra, J.P., Xu, Q., Yu, X. and Jalili, M., 2018. Precision position tracking for piezoelectric-driven motion system using continuous third-order sliding mode control. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 23(4), pp.1521-1531.
- Mishra, J.P., Yu, X. and Jalili, M., 2018. Arbitrary-order continuous finite-time sliding mode controller for fixed-time convergence. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 65(12), pp.1988-1992.
- Mishra, J., Wang, L., Zhu, Y., Yu, X. and Jalili, M., 2018. A novel mixed cascade finite-time switching control design for induction motor. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 66(2), pp.1172-1181.
- Mishra, J.P., Li, C., Jalili, M. and Yu, X., 2018. Robust second-order consensus using a fixed-time convergent sliding surface in multiagent systems. IEEE transactions on cybernetics, 50(2), pp.846-855.
- Mishra, J., Patel, R., Yu, X. and Jalili, M., 2018. Recursive surface structure for fixed-time convergence with applications to power systems. IET Control Theory & Applications, 12(18), pp.2595-2604.
- Wang, L., Mishra, J., Zhu, Y. and Yu, X., 2019. An Improved Sliding Mode Current Control of Induction Machine in Presence of Voltage Constraints. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- B.P. McGrath, D.G.Holmes and L. McNabb. A Signal Conditioning Antiwindup Approach for Digital Stationary Frame Current Regulators. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 6036-6046, 2019.
- J. Riedel, D.G. Holmes, B.P. McGrath and C.A. Teixeira. Maintaining continuous ZVS operation of a dual active bridge by reduced coupling transformers. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 9438-9448, 2018.
Distinguished Professor Xinghuo Yu
- Nameer Mahdi
- Mingchen Gu
- Zhiyi Chen
- Wenting Lin
- Chen Liu
- Sebastian Lange
- Nima Joorabloo
- Mohammdreza Radmanesh
- Hassan Mohammad
- Dominic Goh
- Jack Bryant
- Enkhtsetseg Munkhchuluun
- Moudud Ahmed
- L. McNabb
- A. Sattar
- A. Hoshu
- Y. Sun
- Y. Zhu
- B. Gladysz
- Junaid Saeed
- Ahmad Afif Nazib
- Peishuo Mu
- Haris Siraj
- Xiaoming Li
The group is interested in exploring collaborations and recruiting research staff and students within the scope of our group.
Prizes and awards
- 2018 M A Sargent Medal, Engineers Australia
- 2018 Australasian AI Distinguished Research Contribution Award, Australian Computer Society
- 2013 Dr.-Ing. Eugene Mittelmann Achievement Award, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- 2015-2019 Highly Cited Researcher Award, Clarivate Analytics
- 2012 Best Paper Award IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine
Group Leader Distinguished Professor Xinghuo Yu